Friday, July 8, 2011

Sorry, it didn't flip that way.

(snack time)

Alex (out of the blue): How could Virginia be so small that it's orange?
Daddy: Virginia's orange?
Alex: Yeah, its place is orange. All the other places have aaaaalll their colors.
Daddy: What plates?
Alex: No. All the places on the planet. We live on.
Daddy: They all have all their colors, but we just have orange?
Alex: Yeah. Except you can't see it. It's only on the globe.
Daddy: Well, on the globe, even big places look small, because our planet is so big.



Claire: Alex can you not play with my stuff, I have to go potty.



Claire (talking to herself): I look sooo pretty in my Dora shirt.



(Alex prepares to flip a coaster to see who gets to wash hands first.)
Alex: Claire picks yellow, I pick brown.
(Alex flips the coaster. It comes up brown.)
Alex: I go!
Claire (whining): I wanna go.
Alex: Sorry, it didn't flip that way.



Claire: Daddy, can I have more chicken nuggets? Mommy? No – can I have one of your donuts from in that box?


Claire (to Alex): When I’m sleeping, you open my door, and come in my room, and say –
(Claire whispers something to Alex.)
Alex: I’m sorry, Claire, I might be asleep.
Alex: And you always sleep and talk while you sleep. I don’t. I just lie there.


(Alex and Claire are fighting about something. Claire hits Alex in the head with Happy the Puppy.)
Alex (grabbing his head): Ow!!
(Mommy takes Claire to her room for a timeout.)
(Pause.)
Alex (to the puppy): Are you all right, Happy?

Alex: She ruins everything I build.

Alex: I’m tired of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment