Saturday, July 23, 2011

A chipmunk… is that a baby monkey?

Alex: Daddy? A chipmunk… is that a baby monkey?
Daddy: No, that's a --
Alex: What's a baby monkey?
Daddy: What's a baby monkey?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Um…. I guess it's just a baby monkey, I don't know.
Alex: Maybe you can learn about it at work.

(Daddy is on a conference call, on speakerphone and mute.)
Claire: Who is that?
Daddy: That's one of my work friends.
Alex: That's one of his work friends, talkin' to him.

Claire: Where is your work?
Alex: I'm sorry you have to work all day so much.

Claire: Daddy, can I see your work? Can I see your work?
Daddy: Yeah!

Claire: Daddy, can we take some -- can we take some Legos to your work, and… um… toys to your work, and [mumble] toy, and… I can carry -- I can carry -- Mommy can carry the bunny to my work -- no, to your work -- and, um, Abby to your work and my girl to your work. One day.

(Daddy momentarily hangs up from his conference call, in order to dial into a different line.)
Claire: Are you gonna -- are you gonna stop that noise? On the phone?
Daddy: No.
Claire: Are they still gonna talk?
Daddy: Yeah.

Gavin: Okay. We're ready to rock and roll.
Alex: Rock and roll? That's what Benny says.

Alex: Daddy, one day at lunch, when we were eating lunch, at the red table, Ryan said that his food was going all the way down to his knees!
(Alex and Daddy laugh.)

Claire: At snack, Ashley said, "What are you doing up in there?! Nothing!
(Claire and Daddy laugh.)
Claire: Ashley said that. Then Ashley said "I'm not doing anything!"
(Claire and Daddy laugh.)
Claire: Then Ashley said "I didn't do that!"
(Claire and Daddy laugh.)

Alex: Do you know where Ashley's big sister's school is? It's in 4K.
Claire: It's um… I don't know her sister. Where's her -- her -- where's her -- where's Ashley's big sister, in?
Alex: 4K.
Claire: 4K, oh.
Alex: Daddy, I didn't see her when I was going outside. Today -- no, yesterday.




Claire: Daddy, after you put my pull-up on, I'm gonna play "run to the fan, and say 'That's cold!' and run away", okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment