Saturday, July 9, 2011

The person who made this cup is a mean person. They said "Let's put these words on the side, so you can't read them, and then you spill your coffee."

(Daddy and Alex wake up Claire.)

Claire: I didn't be hot in these PJs.

(Claire's new shorts have pockets.)
Claire: Daddy, and I have pockets! I can put my lip stuff in here, and Alex's lip stuff in here!

Claire: These are so fun!

Claire: Mommy. I didn't be hot in the big PJs.

(Claire is eating a donut.)
Claire: Daddy, how can you cut bagels?
Daddy: With a knife.
Claire: No, how can you cut -- how can -- how can you cut -- how can you cut -- how can you cut -- these?
Daddy: With a knife.
Claire: Oh.

Claire: We had these too, when it was Fathers' Day. It was in Miss Gibson and Miss Arnold's class.



Alex: Daddy, we're building little chairs!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: Yay. Yay. We get to build something special. Very first time.
Claire: Yay, we get to do something special!



(Daddy plays the song "Donuts, Go Nuts" on his computer.)
Alex (after hearing only the first few ukelele chords, with no lyrics): Donuts!



Alex: Guess what, Daddy? I'm takin' all my little friends outta my bed, because Happy's having a party!
Daddy: Fun!
Claire: Can I come to Alex's party?



(lunch)
Claire: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah?
Claire: I tried to get the chicken nuggets out of my teeth, but it didn't come out, but now it's out now.
Mommy: Oh good.



Alex: It's a robin, Daddy! I know it's a robin, because it has a red tummy. I learned this at school, sometime. Or maybe I came up with it, and I learned it by myself.



(Daddy plays the song "On The Floor" on his computer.)
Alex: We listened to this.
Daddy: When?
Alex: Going to Chuck E. Cheese's.
Daddy: That's right!
Alex: On the floor?! Everything on the floor. You do everything on the floor.
Alex (singing): Let's sleep on the floor
Alex (singing): Let's eat breakfast on the floor
(Alex laughs.)

(Alex examines Daddy's coffee mug, which has a small copyright notice on it.)
Alex: The person who made this cup is a mean person. They said "Let's put these words on the side, so you can't read them, and then you spill your coffee."

(Alex laughs.)

(Alex, singing along to "Donuts, Go Nuts", makes up his own lyrics.)
Alex (singing): All your body likes donuts, you know I do
Alex (singing): Everybody likes donuts, you drop them on your shoe

Alex: I like the donuts song. Because we made up it.

(Alex sings along for the entire donuts song.)
Alex (singing): Really special for you
Alex (singing): Donuts are so yummy
Alex (singing): Alex and Daddy like Gatewoods
Alex (singing): Aw, they, get a chucklehead and put it in the donut
Alex (singing): That makes our one flay
Alex (singing): It makes our bait
Alex (singing): We like all the donuts
Alex (singing): We make them all the day
Alex (singing): All right
Alex (singing): All right
Alex (singing): We'll just make some more
Alex (singing): We take it all for the dinner, and they're still having more, chore
Alex (singing): I know that, I know that, we can get a donut
Alex (singing): We could sing it all day long, we know this donut is
Alex (singing): Yummy yummy, yummy yummy
Alex (singing): Yummy yummy, yummy yummy
Alex (singing): Yummy yummy, yummy yummy
Alex (singing): Yummy yummy, yummy yummy
(Alex pauses for the instrumental interlude.)
Alex (singing): That's what we eat donuts, they're really good for kids
Alex (singing): Except, except, some people could be allergic
Alex (singing): All people have a allergy
Alex (singing): They can't eat those donuts
Alex (singing): Just try one, just try one
Alex (singing): See if you'll like it
Alex (singing): There's so much to do to eat donuts
Alex (singing): There's something for you
Alex (singing): We can pick which one we want
Alex (singing): There's so many
Alex (singing): We make them so good
Alex (singing): Like, like like…
Alex (singing): Donuts are shaped like bagels
Alex (singing): They are a circle
Alex (singing): They go, I know, I know
Alex (singing): That we could eat one or two
Alex (singing): Go go, go go
Alex (singing): Go donuts, eat them up
Alex (singing): So that, is time, to find some donuts
Alex (singing): Again again, again again
Alex (singing): Agaaaaaain
Alex (singing): We'll find out which donuts we want
Alex (singing): All day
Alex (singing): Oh donuts, oh donuts
Alex (singing): Oh donuts, oh donuts
Alex (singing): Oh donuts, donuts
Alex (singing): Ohhhhhh, let's eat one or two
(instrumental fadeout)

Daddy: That was really good, Alex.
Alex: I make lotsa rhymes.
Daddy: You do.

(Daddy sings along to "So What".)
Daddy (singing): I like to eat some donuts, but that's a different song
Daddy (singing): I like to sing this song too, why don't you sing along
Alex: Good rhyming, Daddy!



(bed time)
Claire: After we do bed time, is it gonna be tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment