Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ding ding! Everybody stop what you're doing! There's some very exciting news.

Claire: Daddy, I'm gonna tell you a joke.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: Why did the doggie cross the road?
Daddy: I don't know. Why?
Claire: Because the train… um… ... because the train and the car… came… and… bumped him on the head!
(Claire and Daddy laugh.)

Alex: Why did I eat oatmeal and then the cow came to fetch the dog?
Daddy: I don't know. Why?
Alex: Because the dog wanted to get to the other slide, to get on the train!



Alex (upset with Claire): People don’t have to tell people how they feel about them. They have to be nice. We're not toys.



Claire: I like playing with Remy.

Alex (about Callum): He's my best friend.
Daddy: Yeah? Good.
Claire: And Remy's my best friend.




(Claire says she lost her band-aid at swim lessons.)
Alex: What swim lessons?
Claire: At swim lessons yesterday.
Alex: I don't think that was yesterday.
Claire: No after this day, and after that day… and after the other day, and after the other day, and after the other day, and after the other day, and after the other day, we had swim lessons.

Mommy: That's about right.




Claire: Why did the monster go on the road?
Daddy: I don't know.
Claire: Because the train and the car squished him.
Daddy: Oh!
Claire: So no people came and squished him too!
Daddy: Oh!
(Claire and Daddy laugh.)



Alex (playing trains): Ding ding! Everybody stop what you're doing! There's some very exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment