Sunday, July 24, 2011

Love your money, you can buy things all day. There's great food, hugs, and you can play things today, today, today.

(Alex and Claire are watching Dora the Explorer.)
Alex: Swiper talks just like Map.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: They both have the same voice.

Claire: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah?
Claire: Map is Super Map now!



Claire: Mommy? It's hard to build a rug.
Mommy: What?
Claire: Mommy, it's hard to build a rug.
Mommy: It's hard to build a rug?
Claire: Yeah. It's hard to build a floor.
Mommy: It's hard to build a floor.
Claire: It's hard to build a shirt.
Mommy: It's hard to build a shirt?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: Is it hard to build a girl?
Claire (smiling): Yeah.
Claire (smiling): It's hard to build eyes.



(Alex built a "money machine" out of Legos.)
Alex (telling Mommy what it says on his money machine): "Love your money, you can buy things all day. There's great food, hugs, and you can play things today, today, today." That's what the money machine says.

Alex (to Daddy): It can give you food, and… great cards, for hugs on your birthday, and… it gives you, new toys, for you to play with. Only money to buy that. It only gives you three things to buy. And then puts some honey on it. Just like Pooh likes honey, doesn't it? He likes honey.



Claire: I was swimming on my back with nobody holding me in the water!
Daddy: Yeah? Wow!
Claire: And my teacher counted one two three four five and then she picked me up!

Claire (lying on her back on the floor, demonstrating): Daddy?
Daddy: Yes?
Claire: Watch me, I lied down on my back, and I swimmed by myself! In the water!
Daddy: Good! You're such a big girl.



Claire: One day can we ride a motorcycle?
Mommy: No.
(Mommy and Daddy explain that motorcycles are dangerous.)
Alex: Why do they build motorcycles around the world, then?




Claire (to Alex): Why do you always pick Bob?
Alex: I don't know. Because I like learning how to build things. If I don't watch it, I won't be a builder when I grow up.



Claire: Daddy, we swimmed, with our clothes on and our shoes on!
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Yeah!
(Daddy laughs.)
(Claire does her crazy laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment