Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who’s gonna play with me?!

Claire: And I gonna fall down.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: And you laugh.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: Really hard.
Daddy: Okay.

Alex: I’m nice and handsome for picture day!

Alex: I’m handsome, Daddy!

Alex: Daddy, we had chocolate pudding for snack yesterday.

(Claire wants to drink a shake with a straw, just like Mommy.)
Claire: When I be big.
Mommy: Yeah, when you’re big.
Claire: When I be tall.


(Daddy comes home from work.)
Claire: Pick me up, Daddy.
(Daddy picks up Claire.)
Claire (smiling): Daddy!
(Claire laughs.)



Claire: After we play, can we play trains? And I be tired?



(Daddy has been doing jigsaw puzzles with Claire, but gets up to leave.)
Claire: What are you gonna do?
Daddy: I’m gonna make you some dinner, Claire.
Claire (worried): Are – is Mommy gonna play with me? Who’s gonna play with me?!


(dinner)

Daddy: Claire, who’s your favorite person?
Claire: Um… Miss Woody.

Daddy: Alex, who’s your favorite person?
Alex: My family.

(Claire finishes her cup of applesauce.)
Claire: May you get the last bite out please Daddy?
(Claire immediately assumes the “ready” position: mouth wide open, staring straight ahead.)

Daddy: Alex, would you rather be a dog, a squirrel, or a bird?
Alex: Birdies. Because I would like to be, um, a baby bird so, my mommy could get me some food.
Alex: So I could live in a nest.
Claire: Do me, Daddy. Do meeee! Do meeee! Do meeee!
Daddy: Okay, Sweetie.
Daddy: Claire Bear, would you rather be a dog, a squirrel, or a bird?
Claire: A dog!
Daddy: Why?
Alex: ‘Cause my mommy give me some dog bones.

Alex: Daddy look, I drew that digger at school.

Alex: And it’s – there’s lots of squirrels on it, but you can only see its tails.

Alex: Look Daddy, I eat everything healthy! Now I can eat some applesauce!

Claire: Watch I eat everything!

Daddy: Claire, if we had another dog, what would his name be?
Claire: Um… Oakley!

Alex: …When you’re a girl and you start to grow up, when you grow up, you’re a woman!
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: And you might be a lady.

Alex (sadly): I didn’t get anything to bring home from pictures today.
Daddy: Oh, I’m sorry, Buddy.
Alex: But Sam got – I saw Sam in there in his pictures and – but – he got to bring a sponge home!

(Claire is being silly.)
Claire: I’m gonna go eat a shoe, and -- no, shoes. Nobody eats shoes!

Alex: I’m proud that I ate everything!
Daddy: I’m proud that you tried everything!

Alex: Carrots make you healthy and they’re also yummy.

Alex: Who said that? Who said that?
Claire: Who said that?
Alex: Who said what?
Claire: Who said what?

No comments:

Post a Comment