Saturday, March 26, 2011

…So the little boy Gatewood, and Sofia, went to Soorya, and Sooraya’s, house.

Claire (about going to Grandma’s house): We’re gonna go see our pretty garden!

Alex: We have more toys than Grandma. Don’t we.
Daddy: Yeah, I guess so.
Claire: We’re gonna see her pretty garden, Daddy.

Alex: Grandma’s far, far away.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Will it take long?
Daddy: Not too long.
Alex: Oh. The beach house will take too long.
Daddy: Yeah, the beach house is a long way away.
Alex: And the Tyler Place, we can’t drive there, we need a airplane.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: We can’t use a helicopter. It would be better for a car, it would be better – airplane or a car. But I like airplanes.
Alex: Daddy? I want – I wanna try to find one with a TV in it.
Daddy: Okay.

Daddy: Claire, what do you wanna do at Grandma’s house?
Alex: I wanna play for a little – with her big play house.
Claire: And, I wanna look at her garden, and I wanna play with her big play house. I wanna see it!
Alex: Grandma, doesn’t, have a play set like that. Not like ours. She doesn’t have a yellow slide… no, ne – no brown wood, no blue roof, and… and… she doesn’t have a swing set for us. We’ll fall out.
Daddy: Yeah. But Grandma has a whole playground.

Claire: Watch I turn, Daddy.
(Claire jumps and spins in the air.)


(Alex is telling a story to Claire.  This is just a small snippet of it.)

Alex: …So the little boy Gatewood, and Sofia, went to Soorya, and Sooraya’s, house.


Claire (with the Lego man): The man’s saying bye to me, ‘cause I’m going to Grandma’s house.


Claire (seeing the jar of coins): These are pennies! These are pennies to put in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment