Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I did it by myself. Nobody could do it with me! Not Daddy, not Mommy, not Alex! Just me, by myself! I did it.

(Alex is watching Caillou, on which someone uses the word “fragile”.)
Alex: I know what fragile means!
Daddy: What?
Alex: That they’re easy to break. And I have caterpillars, building cocoons, so nobody should shake the cup, ‘cause they’re fragile.

Alex: Daddy, if I eat my breakfast, will you take me to school?
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: Can we have spinach for dinner?

Claire: Daddy, I just put my medicine in the sink. ‘Cause it’s all gone.

Claire: Why did he say “very tasty”?

Alex: Oh, Daddy, it’s warming up!
Daddy: Good.
Alex: He said it’s, it’s warming up.

Claire: Daddy, I turned off the TV.
Daddy: Good.

Claire: I did it by myself. Nobody could do it with me! Not Daddy, not Mommy, not Alex! Just me, by myself! I did it.

Alex: Daddy, you remember that person at school, and what language he speaks?
Daddy: Yeah, I do.
Alex: You remember?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: German.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: German. Juh, juh, german. German. German!
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: I wanna go see Miss Wilson.

Claire (singing): I love your house, I love your nest, in all the world, my nest is best!


Claire: I have a idea.
Claire: Mommy, I have a joke.
Mommy: Okay.
Claire: Who is in the water?
Mommy: I don’t know.
Claire: Because foots go in water, and ducks! Ah-ha-ha!


Claire: And I sprinkled the cookies, and Alex take a turn… we take turns.

Claire: Is dinner ready?
Daddy (mocking Claire): Is breakfast ready?
Claire: Is breakfast ready?
Claire (mocking Daddy): Not yet!
(Claire laughs.)

Alex: And we played Chippers.
Daddy: Oh! How do you play Chippers?
Alex: Well, one day when you go to school, when – one day I’ll let you come to my school, and I’ll show you how to play Chippers.
Daddy: Okay.

Alex: I’m a giant cheese sandwich.


(dinner)

Claire: Mommy, eat your buh-mato.

Alex: Claire, it starts with a T. It’s “tomato”.
Claire: Tomato.

Claire: Mommy, you’re not eating your tomato.
Mommy: Nn-nn. Oh, you said it right! Good job!

Alex: Daddy, I can eat chicken, or pears… or peaches, or applesauce… or pears, or apples… or bread, or toast… or sausage… or waffle… no pineapple though… and spinach…

Claire: There’s more buh-matos.
Daddy: What do I have more of, Claire?
Claire: There’s more buh-matos.

Alex: …or I can eat cereal, or Kix… or pancakes. Or cake or ice cream. Or I can eat some bread. Just like circle bread. That’s on my sandwich.
Alex: Or square bread.

Mommy: Claire, tell me a joke.
Claire: Who went on a motorcycle?
Mommy: I don’t know.
Claire: ‘Cause, um, a mountain on a motorcycle!
(Mommy and Claire laugh.)
Mommy: Is that funny?
Claire: Yeah. I wanna tell you another joke. Who went on a bike?
Claire: I don’t know.
Mommy: ‘Cause, a, motorcycle went on a bike.

Alex: That’s silly, motorcycles can’t go on a bike.

Claire (to Mommy): When you take my picture, I’m gonna laugh and I’m gonna run away, okay?

(Mommy interrupted her dinner so Claire can take a video of her.)
Claire: I’m already gonna turn it off.
Mommy: Okay, bye.
Claire: Bye.
Mommy: Now go eat your dinner.


Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: You pick me up like a big sack of potatoes, then put me down and tickle me.


(Claire is taking pictures with her camera.)

Claire: You wanna see a door?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Look I did a door, Daddy! You see it?
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire: Oh, you – you see my foot, you wanna see my foot, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: You see it?
Daddy: Yeah!


(Alex is in bed, nursing the wound left over from having a splinter.)
Alex: If it still hurts in the morning, and after I eat breakfast, and after I put my shoes on, and after I put my coat on, maybe I could show my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment