Monday, March 14, 2011

I’m not Claire’s daughter.

Alex: Daddy, I think I drinked a lot of water.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Maybe I might throw up, but maybe not.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: But you would clean it up.


(after nap)

Alex: Claire didn't sleep. She called Mommy the whole time.

Alex: I let Mommy work.
Claire: I did too.
Alex: No you didn't.
Claire: I did.
Alex: No you didn't.
Claire: I did.


Alex: You’re a son, Claire. You’re my son.
Claire: No, I’m not a son.
Alex: Daddy, you’re my son! I’m your son.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: And Claire’s your daughter. Claire’s your daughter.
Daddy: That’s right. Claire, you’re my daughter.
Alex: And Mommy’s your mommy.
Daddy: Mommy’s not my mommy.
Claire: I’m not Claire’s daughter.
Alex: You’re his daughter. I’m his son, and you’re his daughter.

Alex: I’m the son and you’re the daughter.
Alex: And – and – and—Daddy?
Daddy: Yes?
Alex: Um, our Mommy is your mommy too.

Alex: You shouldn’t run in the bathroom.


(Claire looks in the mirror after eating spaghetti.)
Claire (smiling): My face has a lot of sauce on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment