Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I had fun working with Grandma yesterday.

(Alex is getting a band-aid for his tick bite.)
Claire: When I hurt myself, I gonna get a band-aid one day.



Claire: Watch me do something. I'm learning to read!
(Claire runs to the digital clock.)
Claire: It's 8, 1, 7!
Daddy: Oh, good job! Gimme five!
(The clock shows 8:12.)

Claire: Watch me do something, Alex.
(Claire runs to the digital clock.)
Claire: It's 8, 1… what is this, Daddy?
Daddy: Two. Oh, no, that's three.
Claire: 8, 1, 3!

Alex: I had fun working with Grandma yesterday.
Daddy: Oh, good, I bet she'd like to hear about that.
Daddy: Did you want to write her an email?
Alex: Yes.
Alex: She might be on her computer so maybe we could write a email to her.

(The following is the email to Grandma.)

***

Alex: I liked planting with you today. Thank you for coming over, and -- and I -- and I, um -- I liked playing with you, at the -- at, gardening.

Claire: Um, I liked gardening with you, and planting flowers in -- in the plant --
Alex (interrupting): And I liked patting down the dirt with you so I can get the flowers --
Claire: No I need to do it!!
Alex: Claire yelled at me.

Claire: And I liked to plant with you -- um, I liked to plant with you in the garden.

***


Alex: I saw two birds on where Grandma opens the door to put her sticks!


(after school)

Claire: Daddy, I'm gonna take a book to school!
Daddy: Oh, neat!
Claire: I'm gonna go upstairs and, and -- a favorite book that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment