Thursday, March 10, 2011

One day can we go see a ball -- a football game? Or a basketball game or a soccer ball game? Or a baseball game or a tennis ball game?

(Alex comes home from school.)
Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Hey Buddy!
Alex: We were talking about my body in the car, because it might not be working right. Because at school, I had a accident.

Daddy: When Miss Wilson leaves, you need to give her a big hug and tell her you really liked her being your teacher.
Alex: Well maybe I wouldn't wanna tell her that, but maybe I'll try. I'll think about it.

Alex: One day can we go see a ball -- a football game? Or a basketball game or a soccer ball game? Or a baseball game or a tennis ball game?

Daddy: Yeah, we can do that.
Alex: Okay. I would like to see a tennis ball game.

Alex: You don't -- use your hands at soccer.
Daddy: That's right.
Alex: I learned that at soccer.
Claire: I learned that at soccer too!



(Alex is trying to convince Daddy to stop working and read a book to him.)
Alex: Daddy, if you read me this... you can play with me.



Mommy: We're all outta milk.
Daddy (disappointed): Oh.
Alex: Uh-oh. We can't make blintzes.

(Alex and Claire debate over what their next activity will be.)
Claire: No, Play-Doh.
Alex: No, books.
Claire: No, Play-Doh.
Alex: No, books.
Claire: No! Play-Doh!

Alex (with one eye closed): I'm a pirate, Daddy!

Alex (referring to the Play-Doh monkey toy): Daddy, back when I was little, the monkey in the bad dreams looked just like that monkey!



Alex (to Claire): If Daddy turns on the TV again and you watch it, your brain will turn mushy, and you won’t be able to remember what your teacher said, or Mommy said… so you can’t watch too much TV. It’ll make your brain turn mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment