Friday, October 22, 2010

We'll very keep you safe

(Daddy drives Alex and Claire to school.)

Alex: Did you see I’m still tired?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Because I growled.
(Pause, while Daddy thinks about this.)
Daddy: You mean you yawned.
(Pause, while Alex thinks about this.)
Alex: Yeah, I yawned.

(Claire coughs.)
Alex: We need to get you some mask, Claire.

Alex: I’m too big for this car. Can you get a bigger car?

Alex (regarding the caterpillar, which is no longer in Daddy’s car): I really miss that toy.


(Alex and Mommy are playing together.)
Alex: Um, can you say the words I tell you to say?
Mommy: Yeah.
(Pause.)
Alex: Then we gonna get (mumble) the blueberry.
Mommy: Is that what you want me to say?
Alex: Yes – no, I want you to say: “Why’s the cat in there?”


(Alex throws the ball to Grommie in the kitchen.)
Alex (laughing): He slided! I didn’t know dogs could slide. He skated!


(Alex wakes Claire up from nap.)

Alex: Guess what I’m gonna do, Claire! I’m gonna do something special! I’m gonna take things that start with D to school!

Alex: I got a bucket. They call it a bail.


Alex: Claire, when you want to get Grommie his ball, you have to say “Give!” really loud.


Mommy: Alex, do you want some cheese?
Alex (in a gruff voice): Yeah. Cheese make me healthy.


(dinner)

Claire: Grommie’s licking my feet.
Alex: Grommie loves you.

Alex: Let’s play the dinner game.

Alex: You can drink wine when you’re a mommy, Claire.
Claire: I be a mommy and, I sit in that chair.
(Claire indicates Mommy’s chair.)


(Claire sits on the potty, with only Alex in the bathroom with her. Alex sings softly to her.)
Alex (singing): You can go to sleep
Alex (singing): Mommy and Daddy are here
Alex (singing): You’ll never be sad
Alex (singing): We’ll very keep you safe
Alex (singing): Don’t cry
Alex (singing): We’ll very keep you safe

No comments:

Post a Comment