Saturday, October 9, 2010

It tickles me.

(Mommy and Daddy are still in bed. Alex comes into their room. Daddy’s pillow has fallen on the floor.)
Alex: Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?
Alex: Your pillow’s not on the bed.
Daddy: Oh, thanks.
(Alex runs back to his room.)


(Mommy, Daddy, Alex, and Claire are driving past the Y, where kids are playing soccer.)
Claire: They're playing soccer.
Mommy and Daddy: Yeah!
Claire: Like Alex play soccer.
Mommy: Yeah, Alex plays soccer.
Alex: I play soccer on Wednesday, Claire.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: And I go to my gymnastics class on Monday!

Alex: We need to catch up with those cars.
Mommy: We do?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: Why?
Alex: Because this is the way we need to go.
Mommy: Oh.
Alex: And there's - and there's cars in our way! There's too many cars!

Alex (out of the blue): Maddie licks a lot at Meg's house. She licks me.


(Claire is drinking her first carbonated beverage: sparkling apple juice.)
Claire: It tickles me. It tickles me, Daddy.


(driving in the car)

Alex: We're in a forest.
Daddy: Yeah.
(Pause.)
Alex: A hill.
Alex: A hill.
Alex: A hill.
Alex: Say “yeah”.
Mommy and Daddy: Yeah.


(Claire and Alex are playing in the bouncy house.)

Claire (cheerfully): I fell right on my nose, Mommy!

Alex: Claire! Jump beside me!

Alex: I don't wanna play something like that.
Daddy: How ‘bout this?
Alex: I just - I just wanna jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment