Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nice to meet you, sir.

(Alex and Claire are playing together.)

Alex: We ran out of cheese, Claire. I can’t make cookies without cheese.

Alex: Something’s blocking our way. Do you see what it is? Beehive! Run! Bees! They’re gonna try to eat us!

Alex: Claire, I have a idea for you. Could you -- could you mix up the cookies, and put some mulch in it, and then rub all it around?


(Mommy begins to carve the pumpkin. Alex and Claire watch.)
Alex: This is gonna be fun!

Alex: I’m Super Pablo!
Claire: I’m Super Dora!

(Claire takes a couple of seeds out of the pumpkin.)
Claire: I wanna wash my hands.

(Daddy shows Claire some pumpkin seeds he took out of the pumpkin. Daddy’s hand has pumpkin on it.)
Claire (staring at Daddy’s hand): Go wash your hand.


(lunch)

Alex: Is it almost California?
Alex: Is it almost California?
Daddy: What?
Alex: Is it almost California?
Mommy: What do you mean?
Alex: You said that outside a long time ago.
Mommy: I said Grandma and Grandpa are in California. Is that what you mean?
Alex: Oh. They live in California?
Mommy: No.
Alex: They’re going to California?
Mommy: Mm-hm. That’s where they are. Right now.
Alex: Okay.



Mommy: Do you guys like ketchup?
Alex: Yes we do.
Claire: I like ketchup!
Alex: I like ketchup, it’s my favorite!
Claire: I like ketchup!
Mommy: Okay.



(Mommy, Daddy, Alex, and Claire are at the neighborhood’s outdoor Halloween party. Lying on the ground near the pumpkins is a skeleton. Alex, unprompted, walks over to the skeleton and takes it by the hand.)
Alex (shaking the skeleton’s hand): Nice to meet you, sir.
(Alex laughs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment