Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fire is dangerous.

(Today’s Alex and Claire quotes are deliberately provided without context.)


Alex: I think I should just stop pooping and get ready for the party.


Alex: Someone peed there, yuck.


Mommy: I don't understand.
Alex: Please understand.


Alex: I think I hear Elly crying.


Alex: Fire is dangerous.


Alex: Alex's name is still there, it's every day!


Alex: What are we gonna do? We'll be stuck down here forever, we can't get in our house!


Claire: We're home, Juju!


Alex: It’s always chalky day. We hafta get chalk again! Why do we always hafta get chalk?!


Alex: We gotta fix your flat tire, Claire.


Claire: A chinchilla.
(Claire laughs.)


Claire: What's this?
Alex: Chair.
Claire: Oh.


Claire: I'm doing -- I'm big doing it! I'm big.


Alex: That's the other boy's yard.


Alex: Banjo banjo! Banjo banjo! I'm a banjo!
Alex (running around): Banjo banjo!
Claire (running around): Banjo banjo!
(Both kids continue running around saying “Banjo banjo!” for about two full minutes.)


Alex (to Grommie): You like me? I think you like me. Do you like me, Grommie?

Alex: Oh no! He's crazy!

Alex: Can I play ball with him?


(dinner)

Claire: Yummy dinner!

Alex: Let’s play the dinner game!

Alex: Can we play it? Yes? Or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment