Monday, October 18, 2010

I went on a fire engine!

Claire: I went on a fire engine!

Alex: We did go on the fire truck, we checked it out!

Alex: It was veeery big.

Alex: And it was yellow and black. And there was lots of tools in it.


(Claire reads "Elmo's New Puppy" to herself. She's never heard the story before.)

Claire (in an angry voice): I don't like you going to the grocery store, dog! No, no.
Claire (in an angry voice): I don't like you going to the grocery store, dog!

Claire (in an angry voice): I don't like you doing that. Dog.

Claire: You wanna go outside, Elmo? Okay, go outside, the end.


(Alex looks at the prizes in the earning bin.)
Alex: I'm gonna choose the baby and the football next time. I'm gonna choose the football on Wednesday, and I'm gonna choose the baby, on, Saturday.


(Daddy tells Alex what Daddy's full name is, and then they practice saying Alex's full name.)
Alex: And Elly is Elly Gatewood!

Claire: Juju Gatewood!


(Alex and Claire give Daddy hugs before leaving with Mommy for play group.)
Alex: I love you, Daddy!
Claire: I love you, Daddy!

Claire: Juju gave you a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment