Monday, October 25, 2010

Ho ho ho. I’m Grandpa. I go to work. And I read the newspaper.

(Alex and Claire are watching It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.)

Alex: He’s going somewhere else, Claire. They’re going trick-or-treating.

Alex: He’s getting in his airplane.

Alex: He got holes in his airplane. He’s gonna land.

Alex: He’s lost.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: He needs to get home and see all his friends.

Alex: He’s still lost.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: But he’ll find his way back. He’ll find his way back.

Alex: He’s going through the water.
Alex: He’s going in the grass.
Alex: He’s going in there.
Alex: He’s going out there.

Alex: He found it.
Claire: Yeah.

(They reach the scene where Snoopy alternately dances and cries to Schroeder’s piano playing.)
Claire: Dancing.
(Claire dances in her seat.)
(Claire gets up from the sofa and dances.)
(Alex gets up from the sofa and dances.)
(Alex pretends to cry.)
(Alex and Claire dance.)

Claire: He wants his Mommy.
Alex: Yeah.
Alex: He’s crawling away again.


Alex: I like Claire, but sometimes when she doesn’t – I like her, I love her, I still like her when she’s sad.


(snack)

Claire: I saw Alex on the playground. I saw Alex on the playground.
Daddy: You saw Alex on the playground?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Mm-hm.
Alex: You remember, right? I know you remember, because, it was today.


Alex (out of the blue, in a deep voice): Ho ho ho. I’m Grandpa. I go to work. And I read the newspaper.
(Alex laughs.)


Alex: Look! A new book!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: A new dentist book!
Daddy: Fun!
Alex: A new book, Mommy, look, look!

(Daddy is reading a Dora book to Alex and Claire.)
Daddy: Who do we ask when we don't know which way to go?
Alex and Claire (in unison): Map!
Daddy: Map!
Alex and Claire (in unison): Cat in the Hat Map!

No comments:

Post a Comment