Saturday, October 2, 2010

Can you eat money?

Diego: Does a fruit bat use its wings to fly, or to swim?
Claire: Swim.
Alex: No, fly, silly.

Super Why: Together we are… the Super Readers!
Claire (smiling): I’m Super Claire, Daddy.


Alex: Can you eat money?

Alex: Mommy, what – what is money?
Mommy: You can use it to buy things --
Alex: No, what, what money is. What is money?
Mommy: It’s paper, and coins. You’ve seen money, right?
Alex: Oh.


(Daddy, Claire, and Alex are at the playground.)
Claire (to Daddy): It a pretty day.


Alex: Do you wanna play Zingo with me?
Daddy: No thank you.
Alex: Please? I’m gonna play Zingo by myself.


Claire: Look Daddy, look, this is purple jacket.


(Mommy and Claire are drawing on the deck with chalk.)
Claire (to Alex): That – that my name, Alex.
Mommy (to Claire): What does this say right here? What does this say?
Claire: It, say Claire!


Mommy (to Alex): Did you get some soap in your eye or something? Why is it itchy?
Alex: I don’t know. Just get me some Benadryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment