Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hey Daddy? The best way to drink water, if you’re thirsty?

(At the end of the Dora episode, the credits play.)
Alex (mock frustrated): Why don’t they click on Dora?!
Alex: Why don’t they?
Daddy: I don’t know. They never do, do they?
Alex: Yeah.


(Alex and Claire are watching Diego.)

Alex: Shake your body, Claire.

Alex: Abeevaday!
Alex: Or something.
Alex: I don’t know the word.


Claire: No ‘chool?

Claire: I have a little breakfast. Alex ate all his big breakfast.

Claire: Whoa. That a big jump.

Alex: Yeah, the raccoon’s taking my Elly.

Alex: Raccoon took Elly! Raccoon took Elly!

Alex: Daddy, come back to me!
Claire: Come back to me!
Alex: Come back to me!
Claire: Come back to me!
Alex: Come back to me!
Claire: No, come back to me!
Alex: No, come back to me!
Claire: No, come back to me!
Alex: No, come back to me!
Claire: No, come back to me!
Alex (yelling): No, come back to me!
Mommy: Okay, no yelling.
Claire: Don’t come back to Alex!

Alex: I love Elly very much.

Alex: I’m stuck.
Claire: I not stuck.
Alex: I’m stuck in the mud.
Claire: I not stuck.


Alex: Yay! I got out of the snakes!


(Claire is washing her hands.)
Alex: It’s hard to see the germs, Claire.


(lunch/keshnerkle)

Claire: Why you have that bib? Why you have that bib on?
Alex: I don’t have that bib. I don’t have a different bib.
Claire: Why you have – why you have that bib? Why you have that bib?

(Mommy is making another sunbutter-and-jelly sandwich.)
Claire: That – that my jelly.
Alex: I want jelly.
Claire: I want jelly!
Alex: I want jelly!
Mommy: You’ll both get jelly, I promise.

Claire: I like water. I like water.
Daddy: You like water?
Claire: No I was talking to water.
Daddy: Oh okay. I’m sorry.
Claire: I like water.

Claire (talking to her sandwich): You like water?
Claire’s sandwich: No.
Claire: You like milk?
Claire’s sandwich: Yeah!
Claire: You like water? I like water!


Claire: Mommy got new air, Grommie.

Alex: Can you wipe my bottom really fast, ‘cause I'm thirsty.

Alex: Hey Daddy? The best way to drink water, if you’re thirsty?
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: You swish it around until you're not thirsty anymore.



(Claire and Alex are playing the Timeout Game.)

Claire (to Alex, angrily): You knock down the forest?
Alex: I knocked down the forest.
Claire (angrily): You knock down the forest, time out right there!

Claire (to Alex): Time - THREE MINUTES!


(Daddy plays the song Mad World.)
Alex: That’s Mad World!


(Mommy comes home from the grocery store.)
Claire: Mommy!
Mommy: Hi!
Alex: We missed you!

Alex: I heard Claire playing with Doc… and I was whining in my room…
Mommy: You were?
Alex: Yeah.

Claire: I want you to say “ow” again.
Claire: I want you to say “ow” again.
Mommy: What? You want what out?
Daddy: She wants you to say “ow” again.
Mommy: Oh.
Mommy: Ow!
Claire: No on your hand.
Mommy (shaking her hand as if she hurt it): Ow!
Claire (pointing to the hummus container): No on that.
Mommy (touching the container): Ow!
Claire: No on your lid.
Mommy (touching the lid): Ow!
Claire: No you can’t get it off of that. Put it back on.
(Mommy puts the lid back on the hummus container.)
(Claire giggles in anticipation.)
Mommy (pretending to be unable to take the lid off): Ow!
Claire: No eh – put that in there.
Mommy (taking the lid off): Ow! I got it.
Claire: No. Not like that! Right -- right there. Back there, Mommy!
Mommy: I can’t do it right! Ow! I can’t get the lid off. Ow!
Alex: Can I do it?

Alex: I thought we could go to – for a walk this morning, and we could um – we could um – we could um – we could play in the playroom and go for a walk. Well… not for too long because I might get tired.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: You remember yesterday? You remember yesterday when I was walking? I got tired.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Because I was walking too long.
Mommy: Yeah, I took you too far.
Alex: Because we – because we took a shortcut, so – I didn’t want to take a shortcut….. but we couldn’t because Daddy was here and we had to get Daddy over there.
Mommy: Is that what happened? I thought Daddy came to pick us up.
Alex: Yeah, he came to pick us up. He came over where we were. He drove the car there. He – that – he did – he went over there where we were.

Alex: Well, I think we should play baby birds tomorrow. Because I don’t like doing it sometimes.


(Alex is climbing the rock wall on the playset.)
Alex: I'm very strong, but my foot won't move.

(Alex is climbing the ladder on the playset.)
Claire: Be careful, Alex!

(Alex is swinging on the swings.)

Alex: Can you slow me down if I need to scratch myself?

Alex: That's too much pushing, Daddy.
Daddy: Is this better?
Alex: That's better. I'm just tipping over a little bit.

Alex: I wanna get out so I can see Juju in a magazine.

Alex (to Mommy): I wanna see Juju in a magazine.
Mommy: Okay. It’s on page 36.
Alex: Okay.
Alex (flipping through the magazine): Page... 36...

(Claire pretends to write on the deck.)
Claire: Mommy, Daddy, Grommie, Oakley, Claire!


(Daddy and Alex play the rhyming game.)
Alex: What happened to my eye, when I fell down and I said, I don’t have a rhyme.

Alex: I just hit my head, but then what happened to my bed?

Alex: Hey Daddy, I have one more.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I want a song, and I fell down on a bong!


(Bath time. Daddy rinses Alex’s hair.)

Alex: Hot.
Daddy: Oh, is it too hot?
Alex: No, it’s not hot, it’s just a little hot.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: I just said "hot" because it was burning me.

No comments:

Post a Comment