Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mm. Need salt.

(Claire and Alex are having pretend dinner, and pretending to play the dinner game.)

Alex: What is your favorite costume?
Claire: Abby.
Claire: What is your favorite costume?
Alex: Buzz Lightyear.

Claire: What is your favorite costume, Grommie? Your favorite costume is…
(Pause.)
Alex: Dog!
Claire: Dog.


(Alex and Claire are playing with the Calico Critters house.)
Alex: Let’s say the things the mommy says, okay?


(Daddy, Alex, and Claire are talking a walk in the neighborhood.)

(Alex and Claire have their hoods up.)
Claire: Our head is funny!

Alex: I -- my muscles are very hard to get up!
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: And they're hard to get up here. I don't like it!
Daddy: Okay.

Alex: Only a fire truck can do that.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Like only Santa can go down the chimney.
Daddy: Right.

Claire: A big truck with milk in there.


(Claire takes a break from playing trains in order to take off her shoes.)
Claire (taking off her shoes): I go faster. Hurry hurry! I go back to my train!


(Alex is playing with letters.)
Mommy: Alex. Can you spell “cat”?
(Alex sounds it out, and spells “CAT” correctly!)

(Alex spells a few more words for Mommy, with a little help here and there.)

Alex: Can we do it again?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: I want one with a G in it.
Mommy: Um, how ‘bout… gum.
Alex: Gum, yucky!

Mommy: Can you spell “fun”?
Alex: F.
(Alex gets the F.)
Mommy: And then “uh”.
(Alex gets the U.)
Mommy: Good job!
Alex: M. M, M. M, where are you?
(Alex gets the M.)
Mommy: Good job, buddy! You spelled lots of words!

(After playing letters, Alex runs around the house, singing.)
Alex (singing): A B C D E F G, H I J K L M N O P, Q R S, T U V, W X, Y and Z, so now I know my ABCs, next time won’t you sing with me!


(Alex sits down for lunch.)
Alex: Chicken nuggets! If I turn into a chicken nugget, I won’t be able to eat chicken nuggets, you will put me in your mouth! I don’t want to be a chicken nugget, why did you give me chicken nuggets again?


(snack)

Alex (to Daddy): Watch this.
(Alex takes a bite of his cheese and looks thoughtful.)
Alex: I need salt.
(Alex laughs.)
(Daddy laughs.)
Alex (to Claire): Watch this.
(Alex takes a bite of his cheese and looks thoughtful.)
Alex: I need salt.
(Alex laughs.)

(Mommy is wiping down the cabinets while the kids eat snack. Claire wipes up the graham cracker crumbs on her tray.)
Claire: I get it all clean.
Alex: Claire clean up like you, Mommy.


(dinner)

(Alex has being doing his “needs salt” joke with Claire and Mommy.)
Alex: This time everybody watch.
(Alex slowly looks around to make sure everyone is watching.)
Alex: Watch me.
(Alex takes a bite.)
Alex: Mm. Need salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment