Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I think that boy’s gonna do it too.

(Alex, Claire, and Daddy are in the car. It’s raining.)

Alex: It’s not on my sherdles.

Alex (referring to the windshield wipers): If I were a swiper, I could do that.

Daddy: What could you do?
Alex: I could swipe the rain off.

Alex: Swipers tryin' to get really really really fast, before the rain gets all over the car.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: We need our swipers.


(After dinner, Alex wipes his hands with a wipe.)
Alex (holding the wipe out to Daddy): Your turn!
(Daddy takes the wipe and starts wiping his hands.)
Alex: I think that boy’s gonna do it too.
Daddy: What boy?
Alex: My boy, when I grow up, and I’m a daddy, I think my boy’s gonna do it too.
Daddy: Do what?
Alex: Go like that – [Alex pantomimes wiping his hands with a wipe] – “Your turn!”

Mommy: How do you spell Alex?
Alex: A L X E.

Mommy: What’s your last name?
Alex: Gatewood Thomas.

Mommy: What’s your phone number?
Alex: 9111.

Alex: Let’s put our tongues together.


(bed time)

(Alex puts on his PJs all by himself.)
Claire: Good job, Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment