Sunday, July 25, 2010

When I was little, I used to laugh when you would do silly things.

(Claire finishes reading her book.)
Claire: The end! No more pages!

(lunch time)
Claire’s nugget (to Alex): Hi nugget. Hi nugget. Hi nugget. Uh nugget. Hi. Uh elephant.
Alex (irritated): I’m eating my green beans right now.


Alex: I like this Barney book.
Claire: That favorite book, Ah-yah.


(Daddy opens the refrigerator. Alex sticks his arm out to hold Elly just inside the door.)
Daddy: What are you doing?
Alex: I’m getting Elly cold in the ‘frigerator so I can lie on her.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I got Elly cold in the ‘frigerator so I can lie on her. Because I like her cold.
Daddy: Okay.

Mommy: What do you want for snack?
Alex: I want blueberries and strawberries.
Mommy: We don’t have strawberries.
Daddy: I want a million dollars.
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: When I was little, I used to laugh when you would do silly things.
Daddy: Yeah, when you were little, you used to laugh when I did silly things.
Alex: And I – when I was a little baby, I pooped. Little babies poop.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I pooped in my diaper.

(Mommy is going to take Alex with her to Whole Foods.)
Alex: I will get my own cart there. They have own carts for boys and girls.


(dinner time)
Alex: When I’m a daddy, I can drink soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment