Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What’s wrong with your cache?

(breakfast)

Alex: I want Mommy to walk around and give us things.

(Claire has two waffles on her plate.)
Claire: Look, Daddy, look.
Claire: T -- two waffles.
Daddy: Two waffles, good!
(Claire picks one up off of her plate.)
Claire: Just one!
Daddy: That's right! Good!


(snack)

Alex: I love those grapes!
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah. They're the best grapes in the whole world.


(dinner time)

Alex: Crunch crunch crunch! If you crunch a grape, it will say that. Your teeth will do that to the grape. Crunch crunch crunch!

Alex: Rice doesn’t crunch, because, it’s not a hard thing.

Mommy: I can’t get Facebook to load.
Alex: Is your battery low?
Mommy: No, I think my cache is messed up.
Alex: What’s wrong with your cache?

Alex: Mommy I want you to come over here because I want to show you something that big boys do.

(Alex plans ahead for what he’ll do after dinner.)
Alex: Claire, will you be nice?
Claire: No. I be nice!
Alex: ‘Kay. And we’ll play nice together.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Yes.

Alex: Why does Elmo have no shoes on? On my fork.
Daddy: I don’t know, why do you think Elmo has no shoes on?
Alex: No, why does Elmo have no shoes on?
Daddy: Maybe it’s because he’s a monster.
Alex: No, he’s not a monster. Cookie Monster’s a monster.
Daddy: Oh, okay. What is Elmo?
Alex: Elmo’s… a friend.

(Daddy makes a funny face at Claire.)
Claire (laughing): Silly Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment