Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm a tree.

Alex: Put this waffle on your head.
Daddy: No thank you.
Alex: Okay. I’ll take your house away.
(Alex pretends to pick up the entire house and throw it.)
Alex: I took it away. I threw it outside.


Claire (sad): No go ‘chool. No go ‘chool, Daddy. No go ‘chool.

Claire (crying): Daddy, uh play at home. Daddy, uh play at home.

(Alex uses the potty.)
Alex: We don't get chocolate anymore. I'm all trained. I'm all potty trained so we don't have to get chocolate any more.

(Alex and Claire step off the bottom step into the garage.)
Alex: One two three four five six seven eight nine ten jump!
(Alex jumps down.)
Claire: Nine, ten, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, three, twelve, fourteen, jump!
(Claire jumps down.)

(in the car on the way to school)
Claire (crying): Uh play at home!


(dinner time)

Claire (to Daddy): I want more water.
Alex: May I have more water please. Listen to Daddy.
Claire: ‘Kay.
(Pause.)
Claire (to Daddy): Uh have some water.

Claire: Uh have more water.
Alex (irritated, looking at Claire’s water cup): There's plenty of water in there.
Claire: Uh have more water.
Alex: You see the water in there?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: You see it?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: So there's water in it.
Claire: Uh have more water.

Claire: Daddy Daddy Daddy.
Daddy: Hi!
Claire: Hi. Daddy Daddy Daddy.
Daddy: Hi Claire.
Claire: Daddy Daddy Daddy. Daddy Daddy Daddy. Daddy Daddy Daddy.

Alex: Waffles and strawberries are my favorites.

Alex: And muffins.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Pumpkin muffins with chocolate in them.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And... special treats!


(Claire jumps.)
Claire: Dat big jump. Dat big jump, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah!

Claire: Do it again. Really big one. Really big one. One, two, jump!
(Claire jumps.)

Claire: Dat big one!
Daddy: That was a big one.

(Claire is wearing Mommy’s shoes.)
Claire: Daddy, uh go to work.

(Claire and Alex are now both wearing Mommy’s shoes.)
Alex: I'm a mommy too.
Claire: I'm a mommy.
Alex: I look like a mommy.


Alex: And we can run like a ponytail.


(Claire walks up the stairs, holding her arms straight up above her head.)
Claire: I'm a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment