Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Uh my Elly?

Alex: I wanted to tell you something at nap time. I wanted to tell you I want milk for breakfast.


(Claire is playing toy cupcakes.)
Claire (singing): Happy birthday to you
Claire (singing): Happy birthday my cake
Claire (singing): Happy birthday my cake
(Claire laughs.)


(Claire gets a Hershey’s kiss.)
Claire: Uh ate chocolate.
Daddy: Yeah, you ate chocolate.
Claire: Uh ate chocolate.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Daddy see? See, Daddy?
(Claire opens her mouth and points at the chewed up chocolate in there.)
Daddy: Yeah, I see it.
Claire: Oh.

Claire: Uh more chocolate.
Daddy: No, I think that’s all the chocolate.
Claire: Why?
Daddy: You ask “why” for everything.
Claire: Ah-yah poop, get more chocolate.
Daddy: You poop to get more chocolate?
Claire: No, Ah-yah poop.
Daddy: Alex poops, yeah.


Daddy (to Claire): We’re friends. You’re my friend.
Claire: Uh girl. Not friend.


(Claire gets Daddy a toy cupcake.)
Claire: Uh cupcake, Daddy? Say “yes please”.


Claire (talking to herself during nap): Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy. Mommy Daddy Claire. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy Daddy Daddy.


Daddy: Hi Alex.
Claire: Hi Ah-yah.
Daddy: Hi Ah-yah.
Claire: Hi Ah-yah. Hi brother. Hi my brother.


(The roofer can be heard hammering on the roof. Then he stops and all is silent.)
Alex: Hammer man! Hammer man! I cannot hear you!
(Pause. The hammering starts up again.)
Alex (excited): He hammered! I told him to hammer!








(Alex is teaching Claire how to chew with her mouth closed.)
Alex: That's not how you chew with your mouth closed, like this.
Claire: I'm doing it, Ah-yah, I'm doing it!
Alex: No. Like this.


Mommy: We need it to rain from the east.
Claire: Oh. Need rain for garden.
Claire (addressing the trees): Need rain! Trees?
Claire: Need rain, for garden, need rain for garden!


Alex: Bee! Bah! Bo!
Alex and Daddy: Bee! Bah! Bo!
Alex: I'm being like a giant!
Alex: I’m being like a giant!
Alex (in a rough voice): Get out of my cave!


(Claire climbs into Alex’s bed and lies down.)
Claire: Uh my Elly?


(Claire is in bed, singing quietly to herself.)
Claire (singing): Happy birthday to you
Claire (singing): Happy birthday to Mallory
Claire (singing): Happy birthday Mallory
Claire: Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment