Thursday, July 15, 2010

If I – uh, uh – if – if I would sleep – and watch TV – and watch Science Kid, and all the shows, and have some food, and go to sleep? !

(Breakfast. Claire is holding a waffle in her hand.)
Claire: Dat more waffles, Daddy. Uh have more waffle in my hand.


(Daddy is covertly eating a piece of chocolate.)
Claire: What dat?
Daddy: What?
Claire: What dat in your mouth?


Alex: Is it time to go to the pool yet?


(Alex is taking his swim lesson.)

Daddy: Hi, Alex!
Alex: I swimmed to the stairs!
Daddy: Good!

Miss Kelly (to the swimming class): What do you wanna do?
Alex: Um… dinosaurs.

(The class blows bubbles.)
Alex (to Daddy): I did it!

Alex (to Miss Kelly): Then can I go next?

Alex: Watch this, Daddy.

Alex: Watch this, Daddy.

Alex (to Miss Kelly): Can I go?


(in the car after swim practice)

Alex: What did I – what did you pass that I just saw?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Alex: I want to show you it.
Daddy: Well why don’t you tell me about it?
Alex: What the fire truck – what the fire truck comes up to.
Daddy: Oh, a fire hydrant!
Alex: Yeah.

(Daddy parks the car.)
Alex: When you turn off the car, why does the clock go down?


(dinner time)

Daddy: So Alex, what did – what did Daddy do at the pool?
Alex: Daddy went all the way under the water.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah. By hisself. And he went up! And I liked it. And I laughed.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: That Daddy.

Daddy: Go ahead, ask me a question.
Alex: If I – uh, uh – if – if I would sleep – and watch TV – and watch Science Kid, and all the shows, and have some food, and go to sleep?
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Why would I do that?

Alex (to Claire): I thought you wanted that tomato.
Claire: No, I don’t like it, Ah-yah.
Alex: Then can you give it to me.
Claire: No. My tomato.
Alex: Okay. If you want to, you can give it to me.
Claire: No. Mine, Ah-yah.

(Claire tries to get down from her stool, but Grommie, trying to get at the crumbs in her chair, is in her way.)
Claire: Excuse me, Grommie. Excuse me, Grommie.
(Grommie moves aside. Claire gets down.)
Claire: Your turn, Grommie! Eat! My chair!


(Claire falls down and cries.)
Mommy: What happened, Claire?
Claire: I bump my knee, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment