Saturday, July 17, 2010

We can’t ‘trol people.

(Alex gives Claire a hug.)
Alex: I hugged my Claire bear.


(Mommy comes home from the grocery store. Claire is in the other room, but wants to help put them away.)

Claire: Uh help groceries too.
Claire: Have napkins.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: And carrots... and mac and cheese.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Uh go kitchen first. Help.

(Claire and Alex are taking groceries out of the grocery bags.)

Claire (finding some English muffins): Daddy, bread!
Daddy: Yeah!
Claire: Little pizza bread.

Alex: I'm so tired of doing groceries.

Alex: I see sausage. I got sausage!
Mommy (enthusiastically): All right!
Alex: Sausage!
Mommy: Yeah!

Claire (holding a glass jar of spaghetti sauce): Uh really careful!

(The groceries are all put away.)
Claire: That all, Ah-yah. That all, Ah-yah.
Claire: That all, Ah-yah. That all.
Alex: Yeah.


(Alex notices Mommy’s pedicure.)
Alex: Look at your red toenails, Mommy!


Daddy: Claire, can you count to three thousand?
(Claire smiles, but says nothing.)
Alex: One, two, three thousand!


Alex (to Claire): I ate you. You’re in my poop.
Claire: Give it back.
Alex: I ate you, your whole body’s in my poop.


(dinner)

(Claire notices that Mommy has eaten all of her chicken.)
Claire: Chicken.
Mommy: Yeah.
Claire (whining): Uh get more.
Mommy: I don’t want any more.
Claire (whining): Uh get more chicken.
Alex: We can’t ‘trol people.
Claire (whining): Uh Mommy.
Alex: We can’t ‘trol people.
Claire (whining): Uh Mommy. Uh Mommy.
Alex: Stop whining! Use your big – use your big girl voice.

Alex: Chew that up. Claire, chew that up. ‘Cause you have a lot of oranges in your mouth.

Alex (to Claire): Why are you putting your finger in your mouth?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Yucky, Claire!
Alex (to Daddy): Claire put her finger in her mouth.
Daddy: Yeah, I saw that.
Alex: Little babies do that. Little babies do that.
Daddy: They do sometimes.
Alex: Claire’s a li – little baby.
Daddy: No, she’s a big girl.
Alex: She is, but, girls are babies, some girls.
Daddy: Baby girls are.
Alex: And I’m her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment