Thursday, January 6, 2011

Uh! The rebel base?

(getting ready for nap)

Claire: I’m tired. I’m tired, Mommy. I waked up too early.

(Mommy reads Where’s Spot?.)
Mommy: Is Spot behind the door?
(Alex opens the flap.)
Alex: No.
Claire (to Alex): A bear.
(Claire opens the flap.)
Claire: No, a bear eating supper!
Mommy: What’s he eating?
Claire: Supper!
Mommy: Supper?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Well, supper’s dinner in Spanish.


Claire: I’m gonna do a magic trick for you, Mommy and Daddy.
(Claire takes off her shoes and socks.)
Claire: Look, look, look at me, Mommy and Daddy.
Mommy and Daddy: Good job!
Claire: I did a magic trick!


(Claire and Alex are watching Toy Story for the first time.)

Alex: They’re lost in Sid’s house, Mommy! Look they’re lost, in Sid’s house!

Claire (smiling): Get outta there. Get outta there!
Claire (to Mommy): I said, “Get outta there.”
Mommy: Get outta Sid’s house?
Claire: Yeah.

Claire: Uh! The rebel base?

(Woody approaches Sid’s sleeping dog.)
Alex: I’m afraid Woody’s gonna be eaten.

Claire: Woody is not nice, Mommy.
Mommy: Who’s not nice?
Alex: No, Buzz Lightyear is not being nice.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Woody is not being nice and Buzz Lightyear is not being nice.
Mommy: Hm.
Claire: No, they have to be nice.

Claire: They shouldn’t wake the dog.
Mommy: Yeah.
Claire: The dog is scary. The dog is scary, Mommy.
Claire: I saw a reindeer! I saw a reindeer at school!
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: At circle time!


(putting Legos away)
Claire: I’m putting my dog away too. Bye bye dog, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment