Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I need to go potty because I have underwear.

(Alex and Claire come home from school.)

Claire: Mommy gonna uh go with Wendy.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: And you play with us.

Alex: Daddy, I carried my backpack, all the way home, with my coat on, and my backpack on my coat.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: And it's so cute!


(Grommie and Claire are going up the stairs for nap time, with Alex and Daddy trailing behind.)

Daddy: Grommie's gonna get there first.
Claire: I'm gonna get there second.
Alex: I'm gonna get there third.
Alex (to Daddy): You're gonna get there forty-one.

Claire: I need to go potty before I wash hands.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: I need to go potty before I wash hands, Alex.
(Claire sits on the potty.)
Claire: I need to go potty because I have underwear.

Alex: I'm gonna use the big potty.

(Alex is sitting on the big potty.)
Alex: I'm peeing.
(Claire claps.)

(Both kids finish peeing. Alex flushes the toilet.)
Alex: I flushed it by myself.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: I need to wipe.
Alex: I'm a big boy!
Claire: I need to wipe first.
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex: Can I do it again?
Alex: I wanna do the big boy potty again.

(Alex and Claire are washing hands and brushing teeth.)

Alex: I got all the germs off.
Alex: It's important to wash your hands and brush teeth.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: I got all the germs off too.

Alex: I need some water, I'm thirsty.
Claire: I need some water too, I'm thirsty too.

Alex: At school I was doing something, I was playing boat and all of us were playing water with people, but… I think the boo-boo is from the water, from the playing water, like the mulch is it. Can you get me a band-aid? Can you get me a band-aid, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah, I can get you a band-aid.
Alex: I want Toy Store. With Woody and Jessie on it. And Bullseye and Buzz Lightyear. All those people. Woody and Jessie and Bullseye and Buzz Lightyear.


(Daddy is reading a bedtime story to Alex and Claire. Right after Daddy turns a page, Claire makes him stop and go back to the previous page, so she can say something about it.)
Alex: Claire always says, if she wants to say something, she waits ‘til you turn the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment