Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No, I never do anything wrong.

Claire: No ‘chool?

Claire: Breakfast ready?


(Daddy drops Claire off in her new classroom.)
Claire (sad): I wanna go to my class.


(At school, Alex points out a red beanie baby bear, and explains that when you do something bad, you have to tell the bear about it.)
Daddy: Do you ever tell anything to the bear?
Alex: No, I never do anything wrong.


Alex: Uh-oh! I have a accident! I’m gonna pee in my pants.


Daddy: Hey Claire, whose class are you going to go to tomorrow?
Claire: Um, Miss Whitney’s class, and Miss Chivon’s class. And it’ll make me happy.


(Claire comes inside from playing in the backyard.)
Claire: Hi, Daddy.
Daddy: Hi.
Claire: I wanna be with you.


(dinner)

Mommy (to Claire): We’re gonna do superheroes tonight.
Claire (excited): We’re do superheroes in our PJs?
Mommy: Yeah.
Claire (thrilled): Ooooh! We’re gonna do superheroes, Daddy!!

Claire: I went to gymnastics, Mommy.
Mommy: You did? What did you do in gymnastics?
Claire: I rolled… I flipped… and, other part was –
Alex: I did a front roll in class with Julia.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah. And I did a handstand first.
Mommy: You did?!
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: Good job!
Claire: I didn’t do a handstand in gymnastics. Did you go to gymnastics Alex?
(Alex goes on and on about it.)
Claire: Do you go to fermastics, Alex? Did you go to fermastics?
(Alex ignores her and keeps talking.)
Mommy: Yes, Alex went to gymnastics today.
Alex: Then I did a forward roll, then I did a forward roll…
Mommy: You did?!
Alex: Then I stepped on a squishy thing that went “eeee!”, “eeee!”
Claire: I stepped on a squishy thing!

Alex: And some of the, um, gymnastics people, um throwed, um, big squishy things, after we did, the obstacle course, and, I had to push it back up! And, somebody else could get a turn.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: There’s a square one, and, a circle one.

Alex: Well I don’t like a forward roll.


(Daddy talks to Claire about gymnastics, and Claire keeps calling it “fermastics”. Alex tries to teach Claire to say “gymnastics”. Claire doesn’t care.)
Mommy: Can you say “juh”?
Claire: Juh.
Mommy: Good job!
Claire: Fermastics!

Claire: Daddy! I don’t have a shirt, I taked it off!
Daddy: Oh!
Claire: ‘Cause it was dirty! ‘Cause my sleeve was dirty right here!
Daddy: Yeah!

Claire: Yay! Superheroes!

Claire: Gocky gocky, Mommy. Gocky gocky. Gocky gocky.

Claire: Gocky gocky, Alex.
Alex (upset): I don’t want you to say gocky in my ear.
Mommy: You can say it to me, Claire.
Claire: Gocky gocky, Mommy!


(Claire is crying because Alex is playing with the cymbals that she had only recently put down.)
Daddy: You weren’t playing with them, Claire. Alex is taking a turn.
(Claire continue crying.)
Daddy: Maybe Alex will share. You can ask him.
Alex (offering Claire a cymbal): Here’s one for you, Claire. And one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment