Sunday, January 16, 2011

That’s where I put my batteries in, and I need to do my contests, and I need to read my books envelopes, and I need to change my meetings, and...

(Daddy is changing Claire’s diaper. Claire starts moving her arms up and down, as if making a snow angel.)
Claire (smiling): There’s snow in my room!
(Daddy laughs.)
Claire: That’s silly! I’m silly.


(Claire is coloring in her Charlie Brown coloring book.)
Claire (sounding full of herself): Who needs a brown hat? Snoopy, you need a brown hat? Charlie Brown, you need a brown hat?
Claire (to Daddy, smiling): I talk to them! They’re not talking.


Alex (upset): Claire’s in my persable space, look!


(Claire and Alex are watching Caillou, and the episode includes a scarecrow.)
Claire: Mommy, a ‘carecrow can’t talk. A ‘carecrow can’t talk.


(breakfast)

Claire: Can we play bouncy balls after breakfast?
Daddy: Yeah, we can do that.
Claire: Okay.
Alex: Okay.
Claire: I want the blue one. I like to play with the blue one.

(Alex and Claire are watching Backyardigans.)

Claire: Grrr. They’re grrr-ing. They’re grrr-ing, Alex.
Alex: Yeah. But they’re still good.
Claire: Yeah. They’re still good.

Claire: And he’s ‘livering the mail. He’s ‘livering the mail.

Claire: My hand’s hurting, and the waffle is hot. It’s too hot.

Backyardigans: Grrr!
Claire: Grrr!
Claire (to Daddy): I said “Grr” too.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire (to Daddy): Grrr. Grrr!
(Daddy acts scared.)
(Claire laughs.)

(Claire is driving her car around the house.)
Claire: Daddy, I’m gonna get some gas, ‘cause, the road is bumpy.

Backyardigans: See you next time!
Claire: Okay!! Bye-bye!!
(Claire laughs.)

Alex: I can be the mailman, and you, and you can ride on your motorcycle, Claire.

(Alex finally finishes his breakfast.)
Alex: Let’s play bouncy balls!
Claire: Okay, and I’m gonna get the blue one!


Alex (playing Storekeeper): Does anybody have an email?

Claire (taking off her pants): I can do my pants by myself, Daddy, look!
Daddy: Oh, good!
Claire: I’m showing you!

Alex (still playing): Hey Daddy? Since nobody sends an email to me today, I’m gonna go back home.

Alex (singing): Mommy send me an email! Mommy send me an email! Mommy send me an email!
Alex: I better go see what the computer says!


(Alex has built himself a little “office”.)

Alex (to Daddy): That’s where I put my batteries in, and I need to do my contests, and I need to read my books envelopes, and I need to change my meetings, and I need to (stammer mutter), and I need to put my flowers in, then I need to change my batteries again, and then I need to turn on my buttons, and then I need to check the dots, and then I’m all done.
Alex: Isn’t that a long time?


Claire: I’m putting my socks, all by myself, Daddy.
Daddy: Good for you!

Alex: We’re going somewhere to play soccer.
Claire: Oooooooooh! Fuuuuuuun!
Alex: We’re going somewhere to play soccer.
Claire: Oh... that fun!


(Alex is still talking about his “office”.)

Alex (to Daddy): I changed the day, for my setup working thing. You see, this is where I change the day. You see?

Alex: No no no, we’re not gonna do those days. Saturday is Friday, and Sunday is… is… Monday. Saturday’s – no Tuesday, uh, Saturday is Tuesday, and, Sunday is Monday.

Alex: Mommy, you whined, and that means you’re acting like a baby. You whined. A little bit.
Mommy (whining): Uh!
Alex: No! That’s not nice. You’re acting like a baby. You can’t act like a baby, Mommy.

Alex: Mommy? I have to keep this every day, to do all my work stuff.
Mommy: Okay.
Alex: And, that’s gonna be called work, I can do work and schooool!!
Alex: But, if anybody wants bags, or books, they can get a moneybag!!
Alex: Mommy, can I show you, can I show you my moneybags? I’ll show you them.

Alex: So, if anyone wants books or bags, there’s money in them, and if anybody wants a bag, there’s books in some of them, if they, if they want books. Isn’t that silly?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: But I need to do my books every day. Do my meeting books, but they can’t take those. They’re only in the bags.


Alex: I like helping my daddy and my mommy carry heavy things.
Daddy: Yeah, I like that too.
Alex: And I like going to fun places.
Daddy: Yeah, I do too.
Alex: Like birthdays, or parties…
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: …or Thanksgiving!
Daddy: Yeah those are fun things.
Alex: And Christmas!
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: And getting presents from people.


(Claire and Alex are getting in the car to go play around on a soccer field with Mommy and Daddy.)

Claire (excitedly): I like a soccer field! We need to find one! That’s fun!
Claire (excitedly): That fun, Alex! That fun, Mommy!

Claire: I need a soccer! I need a soccer player!


(Daddy gets into the car after Mommy backs it out of the garage.)

Alex: Hey Daddy? Can I tell you something? When we were gonna back up, Claire said, “Wait for Daddy!”

Claire: And I said, Daddy gets in that side.


(Daddy is cleaning up, when he hears whispering.)
Alex (whispering): Daddy! Daddy!
(Daddy looks around but doesn’t see the source of the sound. Finally he sees Alex hiding under the dining room table. Alex beckons to him, so Daddy joins Alex under the table.)
Alex (whispering): I’m being sneaky.

(A little later, Alex is hiding under the table again.)
Alex (to Daddy): Come and sneak with me.


(Claire sings Twinkle, Twinkle to herself, loudly.)
Mommy: Yayyy.
Claire: Yayyyy.
Claire (to Mommy): No I say yay, you don’t say yay.


(Alex reluctantly takes his first-ever shower – not counting at the beach – but finds that he really enjoys it.)
Alex: Mommy, tomorrow I wanna have another shower. ‘Cause I like showers.


(Alex is in bed.)
Alex: Daddy, I wanna dream about ge—um, playing in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment