Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I like my Alex and Mommy time.

Claire (putting on her pants): These are pockets.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: These are big pockets.
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire (putting on her shirt): My pretty pink shirt.

(Daddy brings Claire downstairs.)
Claire: It’s still night time.
Daddy: Yeah, you woke up too early.

Claire: Why you put Buzz Lightyear here?

(Claire plays with the viewfinder.)
Claire: Dora and Swiper!
Daddy: Yeah.
(Flip.)
Claire: A rocket ship.
(Flip.)
Claire: It’s daaaaaark!
(Flip.)
Claire: Dora have a book!


Claire (singing): I’m-a get another book
(Pause.)
Claire (singing): I’m-a get another book


Claire (watching Sesame Street): Maybe give him a kiss, and he’ll wake up. Abby.


Alex (shouting from upstairs to downstairs): Look out the window, Claire!!
(Pause.)
Alex: Look out the window, Claire!!
(Pause.)
Alex: It’s snowing!!


(Alex doesn’t want to go to school, but instead wants to repeat the previous day’s activity, staying home sick with Mommy.)
Alex: Daddy? I like my Alex and Mommy time.


(Alex is trying to explain something to Claire, but Claire is not receptive.)
Claire (sharply): No! Don’t talk to me!
(Alex immediately bursts into tears.)
Alex (crying): Don’t hurt my feelings!


(Daddy stops playing Legos with Claire for a split-second.)
Claire: Play, Daddy!


Daddy (to Alex): Do you think Claire will be a mommy?
Alex: Yeah, but, she needs to lose her tooth, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment