Friday, January 7, 2011

I’m swimming in the sea! I’m swimming in the sea!

Alex: When I grow up, I’ll have to go to work, but I will have trouble getting in the car, because my head will be too big!
(Alex laughs.)


Alex: Old persons don't have collars.

Alex: Can we go to a jungle one day?

Claire: A runny nose is mulch.

Alex: May I open your flaps first, Claire?
Claire: Okay.
Alex: If you let me open your flaps first, I'll let you pick your story.
Claire: Okay!
Alex: We are -- Daddy, we are friends.
Daddy: Yeah.


(Claire and Alex complete their first viewing of Toy Story.)

Daddy: So tell me about the movie, guys.
Alex: What?
Daddy: Tell me about the movie.
Alex: You already know the movie.
Daddy: Did you like it?
Alex: You watched it.
Daddy: Did you like it?
(Alex nods.)
Daddy: Claire, did you like it?
Alex: I liked it!
Claire: Yeah, I liked it.

Alex: Woody got stuck in Sid’s house, but, he went through the gate, and tried to get to the car, but, he couldn’t get there in time, so Buzz Lightyear had to fly, and get in the box. They got inside with Andy.
Daddy: How did Buzz Lightyear fly?
Alex: Well. He can fly.
Daddy: Oh.

Daddy: What was your favorite part, Claire?
Claire: Don’t know.
Daddy: What was your favorite part, Alex?
Alex: Well… um… my favorite part was, the toys went into the heat. They went, um, scary things went into the heat.
Daddy: You liked that?
Alex: Yeah I liked that part, but it was really dark, and they ran down a different part of it, and then, um, a crane, lifted a duck down, to the doorway outside it. It goes outside.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Isn’t that funny? Does it – does heat make holes go to the doorway?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Alex: Does, does heat come through, does heat come through the light bulb? What happens?
Daddy: Uh, yeah, heat comes from light bulbs.
Alex: No. Does heat come through the light bulb into the house?
Daddy: Um… light bulbs produce heat.


(Mommy brings Alex and Claire home from school, to find that Grandma’s car is parked in front of the house. Mommy points this out.)
Claire (excited): Grandma’s in our house! I like Grandma!


(Alex is going to Callum’s house. Claire has chosen to stay home with Daddy.)
Claire: I’m gonna stay with you, Daddy.

Mommy: Alex, if you’re not ready in five minutes, we’re not going.
Claire: And then you have to tell Eliane. Say, we, say, "Alex is not going."

Claire: Okay bye-bye Alex, go to, um, Callum house, okay? I’m gonna stay with Daddy.


Claire (doing an army crawl across the kitchen floor): I’m swimming in the sea! I’m swimming in the sea!


(Daddy just tucked Alex into bed, and is walking out of his room.)
Alex: How long will this be?
Daddy: Uh, until seven.
Alex: Is that long?
Daddy: No, it’s just one night.
Alex: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment