Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm the best boy ever.


Alex: We need to dust today, Daddy. We need to dust. There's a dust! Two dusts. And there's one! Up in the sky. And there's one!
Daddy: You're cute, Alex.
Alex: And there's one! Up in the air.


Daddy: You know what Grandma told me? She said “I love Alex.”
(Alex grins shyly.)
Daddy: She thinks you’re a good boy.
Alex: I’m the best boy ever.


Daddy: Alex, I want to ask you a question?
Alex: Maybe tree falls forest what's sound like?


Daddy: Bring me some letters and I’ll tell you what sounds they make.
(Alex brings the letter Y.)
Daddy: What's that letter?
Alex: Y. Y for boy. And butterfly.
Daddy: Y says yuh.
Alex: Yuh.
Daddy: Like yellow.
Alex: Yellow and red. And orange. And purple. And yellow. And I don't like yellow.


Mommy: Alex, ask me a question.
Alex: What would you take on a desert island?
Mommy: I'd take Alex.
(Alex giggles.)
Mommy: And Claire and Daddy and Grommie.
Daddy: Alex, what would you take on a desert island?
Alex: Daddy.
(Mommy looks sad.)
Daddy (to Mommy): It’s just because I'm the one who asked him. You ask him.
Mommy: Alex, what would you take on a desert island?
Alex: Daddy.


(song time)

Mommy: What do you want to sing, Alex?
Alex: Sing the Blackberry song.

Mommy: Let's sing Twinkle, Twinkle.
Mommy and Daddy (singing): Twinkle, twinkle, little star…
Alex: No sing Twinkle, Twinkle.
Mommy and Daddy (singing): How I wonder...
Alex: No sing that song!
Mommy and Daddy (singing): What you are….
Alex: No sing that! Alex pick song.
Daddy: Okay, Alex pick the song. What do you want to sing?
Alex: Twinkle, Twinkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment