Thursday, May 28, 2009

And he can watch it go.


Alex: Be downstairs, Grommie.
Daddy: It’s okay, Grommie can be upstairs.
Alex: He have to be downstairs with the TV. And he can watch it go.


Alex: Take Claire outta the gate. She needs to come in.


(Daddy comes home from work.)
Alex: Daddy! Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy! The man can’t go in the helicopter.


Alex: Oh, dear.


(Daddy is hiding under the pillows.)
Alex: I'm gonna sleep here.
(Daddy gets up.)
Alex: That's not a pillow!


Alex: Hide again, Daddy.
Alex: Bye.
Daddy: Bye.
Alex: See you later! Go in the door! And get kisses!


Daddy: Tell Mommy what Daddy told you.
Alex (to Mommy): I kicked Claire.
Mommy: And what did Daddy tell you?
Alex: No kick Claire.
Mommy: And what did Daddy say will happen if you kick Claire?
Alex: You have a timeout.


(Alex is carrying a basket.)
Alex: I’m going to school Daddy, bye.
Daddy: Bye.
Alex: I’m going to school.
Mommy: Bye.
(pause)
Alex: Bye school. I gonna go to another school, Daddy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Bye.
Daddy: Bye.
(a little while later)
Alex: Bye school. I’m going to the bookstore.
Daddy: Neat.
Alex: I went to school. I went to that school over there and I went to that school over there.

Alex: Bye Daddy. You can't come upstairs.
Daddy: But I wanna come.
Alex: You can’t.
Daddy: Why not?
Alex: You have to stay there.
Daddy: Please.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Please.
Alex: You can’t.
Daddy: Please.
Alex: You can’t.
Daddy: Please.
Alex: You can’t come upstairs. Go hide under the table. Go hide. Go hide.


(Alex leave his room.)
Alex: Bye bye.
Daddy: Bye.
Alex: See you later, room.


Alex: Tower of Tower of Power! (raising toothbrush) Tower of Power! (raising toothbrush again) Power of Power!


Alex: Mommy’s in my room. Yes, Mommy’s in my room. (singsong) She’s in my roooom.


Daddy: Alex, how many chuckles are in a chucklehead?
Alex: One chucklehead.
Daddy: That’s right!


(Alex is playing house.)

Cat: Bye bye… See you later… I will go to the store. Sleep tight. Bye bye, dog.

Cat: You go inside and I will go to the store: (mumble) food. ‘Kay kangaroo. Jump in the door.

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: The cat’s gonna go upstairs. And he gonna go in the pool. And he gonna take a nap.
Daddy: Oh neat.
Alex: And he gonna go back in the pool. And he will get in his car.

Cat: I gonna take a nap. It’s my nap time. Okay, it’s not your – it’s not my nap time.


Alex: Mommy, you wanna play trains and go in the back-a-yard and we don’t step on the flowers.
Mommy: That’s right.
Alex: And Grandma will be berry, berry sad.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: And Nana and Pop will be berry, berry sad too. For we step on the flowers and the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment