Sunday, May 24, 2009

And you have to get up and see what happened.


Alex: What are we gonna do now?
Daddy: We’re gonna go upstairs.
Alex: You wanna play together?
Daddy: Yeah, let’s play together.
Alex: Let’s run. You wanna run?


Alex: Where’s the wind chimes? There’s the wind chimes. It’s on the hook.


Alex: Look Daddy, I’m rolling!


Alex: Who’s that puffing down the track? Who’s that puffing down the track? Who’s that puffing down the track?
Daddy: Who do you think?
Alex: I don’t know.
Daddy: Who’s that puffing down the track?
Alex: I don’t know.


Alex: These are my rocks.
Daddy: Yeah. Where did you get them?
Alex: This one – this one’s from the ducks.
Daddy: And where did you get this one?
Alex: From the trees.


Alex: Can I take my rocks in bed?
Daddy: Yeah, you can take your rocks in bed.


Alex: I gonna tell Mommy tuh tuh thank you for go to the trees with me.

(Alex and Daddy play with toys.)

(Alex is pushing the lion across the carpet.)
Daddy: What’s he doing?
Alex: Mowing the lawn.
Lion (still being pushed across the carpet): Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I’m all done!

Lion: Can I come in?
Cat: No you can’t cause I’m gonna mow the lawn.

Elephant: Can I come in?
Cat: Sure! We gonna eat lunch and you gonna go potty.


(Alex slips on the stairs.)
Alex: I fell down from the stairs.
Daddy: I saw. Be careful, Alex.
Alex: I fell down from the stairs, Daddy. I can’t fall down from the stairs. I can’t fall down from the stairs.
Daddy: Why can’t you fall down from the stairs?
Alex: You can’t fall down from the stairs. You have to fall down from the floor and you have to fall down from the stairs and you have to fall down from the floor. And you have to get up and see what happened.


Alex: Eat that Cheerio, Grommie. Eat those Cheerios. Eat that one and that one and that one. Eat that one and that one and that one. Eat that one, Grommie.


Alex: Daddy, you hafta... Watch me read books.


Elmo fork: Zoe, can I pop your balloons?
Zoe spoon: Sure. I will.
Elmo fork: No I will.
Zoe spoon: I will.
Elmo fork: I will.
Zoe spoon: I will.
Elmo fork: I will.
(pause)
Zoe spoon: I popped the balloons. No I didn’t.


(bedtime)

Alex: No Mommy, don’t give me a kiss, I wanna talk to Daddy.

Alex: Daddy, do you want to play trains after nap?
Daddy: Okay.
(Mommy gives Alex a kiss.)
Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Alex: Do you wanna go in the back-a-yard and go in the playroom and go bye-bye and play trains and go… (long pause)… do something else?



No comments:

Post a Comment