Friday, May 8, 2009

We need more weeds.


Alex: Mommy, here I come! I got my – my dinosaur shirt. And I’m wearing my dog shirt.
Alex: Look Grommie, a dinosaur shirt. Dinosaur shirt, Grommie.


Alex: And that’s a ladder. And people climb on it. And it can fall over. You can’t climb on it. It’s dangerous.


(getting into Daddy’s car)
Alex: That’s a Cheerio. There’s a penny, Daddy! And another penny.
Daddy: What else?
Alex: And tissues. I’m climbing in Daddy’s car. I need a boost. And I climb in Mommy’s car.


Daddy: Who does Mommy love?
Alex: Alex.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: And she can’t pick me up ‘cause she’s tummy and she’s medicine.


(entering Alex's classroom)
Alex: We gonna do centers today!
Alex: I wanna go do farm.
Sydney: Hi, Alex!
Alex: I have a dinosaur on my shirt.


Alex: Let’s go outside. I need to pick weeds. I need to take my feet outside.


(Alex helps Daddy pick weeds.)

Alex: I’m a good helper!

Alex: We need more weeds.

Alex: It’s a beautiful day!
Daddy: It sure is.
Alex: It’s not raining, it’s not snowing. It’s not – it’s not sunny, it’s not cloudy. It’s not windy.
Daddy: What is it?
Alex: It’s a beautiful day.

Alex: It’s lunch time. It’s dinner time. We need to go inside and eat pizza. You need to cool off.
Daddy: Who needs to cool off?
Alex: Alex and Daddy and Mommy and Claire.

Alex: Oooh oooh I’m a monster. You need to run away from here.

Alex: Look that’s a big weed. A big weed. A big weed, Daddy.
Daddy: It sure is.
Alex: We need to use a shovel. A big shovel.

Daddy: Let’s go in and eat dinner.
Alex: No I’m playing.
Daddy: Okay, I’m gonna go in and get ready for dinner.
(Daddy goes inside and closes the front door. Alex comes up to the front door.)
Alex: Ding dong I need dinner.


(Daddy burps.)
Alex: What’s that?
Daddy: What’s that?
Alex: That’s a googah.
Daddy: A googah!
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Where is it?
Alex: Right there on the floor.
Daddy: What’s it doing?
Alex: It’s playing music.
(Alex cracks himself up.)


Daddy: Alex, if you could be any kind of tree, what kind of tree would you be?
Alex: I don’t know… Don’t know… A big tree. I’d be a big tree.
Daddy: Good answer!


Daddy: Alex, if you were stranded on a desert island, and you could take just one thing with you, what would you take?
Alex (smiling): Bert and Ernie.


Alex: The house is quiet. The house is warm. The house is snug.
Daddy: The house is what?
Alex: The house is warm. The house is snug.


Alex: (mumbles)… kind of tree?
Daddy: What?
Alex: What would you take on a desert island?
Daddy: What did you ask?
Alex: What would you take on a desert island?
Daddy: I would take Alex.
Alex (laughs): You silly, Daddy.


Daddy: What’s the sound of one hand clapping?
Alex: Um, a frog foot.
Daddy: A frog foot?
Alex: Yeah.
Alex: Daddy, would you climb in a tree with a frog?
Alex: Mommy, would you go on a desert island?


Alex (putting Ernie in time out): Two minutes!
(pause)
Alex: Okay, timeout’s over. You got timeout for pushing Bert and the cat and the dog. And Bert.


Alex: Ernie needs timeout for pushing.
Ernie (whimpering): Alex. Need Alex.
Alex: Timeout’s over. You got timeout for pushing dog and Mommy and dog and Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment