Monday, May 30, 2011

That's in my mind.

(Alex and Claire are playing with Lincoln Logs. Alex has an idea.)
Alex: We can make it a zoo!
(Pause.)
Alex: And a train station! The train can take you to the zoo!
(Claire gasps.)
Claire: That's a good idea, Alex!
Alex (explaining): That's in my mind.


(For the last few days, Alex has been claiming that "It's Elly's birthday tomorrow", and so he has been building parties for her.)
Alex: This is Elly's first party. And she's really excited. So I have to build it for her.


Alex: Can I come with Meg over to Grandma's house tomorrow? Tomorrow's summer.


(Alex and Claire are building a village, or something.)
Alex: Daddy! This is where you stop for drinks!
Daddy: Oh! You're so creative!
Alex: I'm building Elly's present with Claire. Claire's being nice now.

Alex: Look at this boy. He's covered in fence.

Claire: I love my new shoes, Daddy.


(dinner)

Alex: Look, I made a pattern with my meatballs and strawberries!
Alex: Elly, look Elly. That's for you. That's for you, Elly. That's a pattern for you.

Claire: Are we going upstairs after this?
Mommy: Um, yeah.
Alex: But, what about Elly's party?

(Alex brings a big empty cardboard box over to Elly.)
Alex: Elly, look at this present I got for you. Try it out!
Elly (checking it out): Whee! Dee dee dee!

No comments:

Post a Comment