Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And it fell in the house. They couldn’t believe it.

(Alex is looking at pictures on the calendar.)
Alex: Hey, look, it's Mommy's running stuff! It's Mommy's running stuff!
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Why don't you go running any more?


Claire: When Alex eats -- at breakfast time and at dinner time, he plays at the table.


(Claire comes running into the kitchen.)
Claire (excitedly): Daddy!!! Daddy!!! I have a fan in my room!
Daddy: Wow!
Claire: Because my -- because my room is very hot.


Alex: Look, Daddy, Mommy's Blackberry keeps saying [imitating the tones] "dih-guk!" I don't want it to say "dih-guk".


(Alex is playing with the little dollhouse. The following are the voices of the dollhouse residents.)
Alex (as ???): Mom? Is it okay if we live in our cousins' house?
Alex (as "Mom"): Of course! But for one day… you can live, and play, and at night time you can sleep.
Alex (as ???): Okay, can we take our beds?
Alex (as "Mom"): Of course you could.
Alex (as ???): Well, what about baby?
Alex (as "Mom"): Well, okay, of course you can.
Alex (as ???): Thanks, Mom.


(Alex narrates as he plays with the doll house.)
Alex: Let’s sleep up here.
Alex: Uh-oh. But… there was… a storm, at night.
Alex: It knocked down the ladders.
Alex: Got them all slippery.
Alex: And it fell in the house. They couldn’t believe it.
Alex: At night, he was taking a nap.
Alex: Nap, nap, nap, nap.
Alex: And then the chair boomed. And fell over.
Alex: He fell out. He fell through an ice.
Alex (in a sad voice): Oh, I’m cold. I’m outside.
Alex (in a sad voice): Need to climb inside. Upstairs I go.
Alex (in a sad voice): Sit in my chair. Have a nap again.
Alex (in a baby voice): Baby (mumble). Baby crawled out of bed.
Alex: Mom! We’re not sleepy! But how’re we gonna get back over to your house. We’re scared of the storm!
Alex: Don’t worry, I’ll come! In the next morning! At five o’clock.
Alex: Okay?
Alex: Uh-oh.
Alex: The bed shook! The bed shook.
Alex: The rug… flew away. Right into their next house. Where the baby was sleeping.
Alex (in a baby voice): Baby, sleeping?
Claire: That’s mine, can I have that baby?
Alex: But then… woke Grandma – um, woke up. And her, his cousin woke up.
Alex: Whoa! Whoa.
Alex: And then somebody fell out of his chair! And then, the brother said, “Oh. (unintelligible) fell out!”
Alex: It’s slippery. Come on!
Alex: Baby, what’s wrong?
Alex (in a baby voice): I wanna (mumble) something, but I’m scared to get out!
Alex: Um, we’re scared too – come on!
(The saga continues.)

Claire: And, the baby, and the dada, and the –
Alex (shouting): Break the window, please, I need to get to the other side!!

Alex: You wanna come with us? We’re riding on the triceratops.
Claire: I don’t wanna come with – you guys.

Alex: Ohhhh! We’re tired!
Alex: Well then… they’ll find a bed in there, and then you can sleep in it.
Alex: How ‘bout we sleep in here?
Claire: Okay, here’s some logs, guys! I found you some logs!
Alex: Oh thanks, we’ll come back and get it later.
Claire (angrily): No these are their logs!
Claire (angrily): These are their logs.
Alex: Oh.

Alex: Can’t fit! In our room.
Alex: What are you doing?
Alex: Are you sure?!
Alex: Are you crazy?! You can’t fit in our room! We’ll bump our heads!

Alex: Ah. My jacket’s comin’ off. I don’t wanna take my jacket off. So I’ll have to leave.
Alex: You woke up early. Everybody’s still asleep!
Alex: Oh. Okay, I’ll lie with you.
Alex: But when she came, and said: “You guys! You were – there, for – three days, I think. So. Why don’t you come back to our house? This storm.”
Alex: Sorry. But, we just were playing. With just – our friends.
Alex: Oh. Oh. What were you doing?
Alex: I was taking them a ride.
Alex: But. Isn’t it so hard to ride on you?
Alex: Well, they sat on my horns.
Alex: It’s so hard.
Alex: Well they’re not, right now. They’re just soft, because rain fell on them.
Alex: Oh. And, can, can, can you, please, come to our house?
Claire: It’s a bracelet come through!
Alex: Can you please lift your --
Claire: I have a bracelet coming through!
Alex: Okay, if you promise, you won’t be scared of stories.
Claire (shouting triumphantly): I have a bracelet!! Coming through!!
Claire: It’s coming downstairs!
Alex: Uh-oh.
Alex: Uh! It’s on my bed!
Claire: It’s, going away!
Alex: Uh-oh.
Claire: Now it’s going in this closet!
Alex: Come on guys, we need to catch it.
Claire: Now it’s gone!
Alex: It’s gone? We have to find that treasure again.
Claire: Now it’s in the closet! You won’t see it, any, more!
Claire: There’s another storm!
Alex: Uh-oh.
Claire: It’s a storm!
Claire: Now you won’t, have your bed, a, gain!
Alex: Sleep on the floor, not in my nap chair.
Alex: But you have to sleep in your nap chair, you always do that.
Alex: Okay, I’ll sleep in my nap chair.
(Alex laughs.)
Claire: I’m taking it away!
Alex: We don’t mind.
Claire: And now it’s coming back again!
Alex (in a sad voice): My bed!
Claire: No more storms!
Alex (in a sad voice): My bed! My bed! My bed!
Claire: Your bed again!
Alex: Thank you. Ahhhh.
Alex: My nice pillow.
Claire: Ahhhhh!
Alex (to Daddy, laughing): He’s sleeping in his nap chair.
(Daddy laughs.)
Alex: At night he sleeps in his nap chair. He calls it his nap chair.
Daddy: Is it a nap chair?
Alex: Yeah, do you know why he calls it a nap chair?
Daddy: Why?
Alex: Because he naps in it!
(Daddy laughs.)
Claire (very dramatically): I’m taking your bracelet away!!
Alex: We don’t mind.
Claire: Daddy, I wanna play hide and seek.
Alex: And we don’t mind if (mumble) take the bed away, because we can sleep on the floor.
(Claire starts fussing.)
Claire (fussing): Ow. Ow.
Daddy: What’s wrong, Claire?
Claire (fussing): I hurt my toe, but –
Daddy: Claire, did you hurt your toe?
Alex: Uh-oh. That’ll never get there.
Claire (fussing): Daddy, I hurt my toe right here.
Daddy: Oh, do you want me to kiss it?
Claire (suddenly cheerful): Yeah and I wanna play hide and seek.
Daddy: You gonna play hide and seek?
Claire: Yeah, can you wanna play hide and seek with me?
Daddy: Yeah! Where are we gonna – what are we gonna do? Where are you gonna hide?
Claire: I’m gonna hide… in here!
(Claire goes behind the giraffe.)
Daddy: Okay, I’ll look for you there, okay?
Claire: Okay.
Daddy: Shall I count first?
Claire: Yeah you count first.
Daddy: Okay. And you’re gonna be hiding behind the giraffe?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: Okay. So should I look there first, or should I look somewhere else first?
Claire: Somebody else first.
Daddy: Okay.
Daddy: One… two… three…
Claire: No – Daddy, lots of times!
Daddy: All right, how many times?
Claire: One… two, three, five. No no -- five.
Daddy: Okay.
Daddy: One, two, three, four, five.
Claire: Yeah, that many, five!
Daddy: All right, can I come look for you now?
Claire: No. Look… everywhere.
Daddy: All right, But I can – I can start looking now, or am I still counting?
Claire: You… start looking now.
Daddy: All right. Here I come!
Alex: Can I look with you, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah, let’s go look for Claire. Don’t look behind the giraffe, we have to look some other places first.
Alex: Daddy, this sticky thing will stick to Claire and we’ll find her!
Daddy: Okay.
Daddy: Is Claire on the ceiling?
Alex: No, that’s not, that’s not, that’s -- Claire can’t --
Daddy: Maybe Claire’s outside in the yard.
Alex: -- Claire couldn’t get -- get even get out, side or on the ceiling, but if, there’s a ladder she could climb on the ceiling, but if – if she ran out the door, she could.
Daddy: Yeah?
Daddy: Maybe… she’s in the dollhouse.
Alex: Oh. Let’s look.
Daddy: Is she in there?
Alex: Oh! It’s so little, for a person!
Daddy: You think she wouldn’t fit?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Maybe she’s, um…
Alex: Maybe she, maybe we – she stick to something, so we can’t find her, and then she melted!
Daddy: And she melted?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: How are we gonna find her if she melted?
Claire (coming out of her hiding place): I see you, Daddy!!
Daddy: I heard something.
Alex: I think I hear Claire.
Claire: Peekaboo!
Daddy: It’s Claire! We found you!
Alex: I found her!
Claire: Now you guys – Alex hide, and Daddy hide.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Magnet.
Daddy: All right, Alex and Daddy are gonna hide.
Alex: We need to stick somewhere, um, so we can find, a place to hide. This is my best thing if I hide in this one!
(Daddy hides in the giraffe, and Alex goes into the other room to hide.)
Claire: I’m waiting to Alex to hide when he wants to.
Daddy: Okay.
(Alex comes running back to talk to Daddy.)
Alex: Where should I hide, Daddy?
Daddy: Why don’t you hide in the closet?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Under the dining room table?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Under a blanket?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Um… under the train table?
Alex: No under a blanket.
Daddy: Okay.
(Alex runs off and hides.)
(Claire comes directly to where Daddy is hiding.)
Claire: I found you, Daddy!
Daddy: You found me!
Claire: Now let’s find Alex!
Daddy: Okay, let’s find Alex.
Claire: Get out of this thing and I gonna find Alex.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: Let’s find Alex, Daddy.
Daddy: All right, let’s find him.
(Claire and Daddy walk around and around, searching for Alex.)
Claire: Is he in here? No.
(Claire and Daddy walk around and around, searching for Alex.)
(Claire opens the pantry door.)
Claire: Oh, he’s not in there!
(Claire and Daddy walk around and around, searching for Alex.)
(Alex makes a noise under his blanket.)
Claire: I hear somebody!
(Claire uncovers Alex.)
(Alex laughs.)
Daddy: There you are! We found you!
Alex: I was hiding with a pillow and a blanket.
Claire: Now I’m gonna hide in here.
Claire: Daddy, can I hide and I’m gonna hide.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Can I seek, please?
Daddy: Yes.
Claire: And uh, you’re gonna seek, where, you count.
(The doorbell rings, and Gromit goes crazy. The kids run to the front door. It’s a salesman.)

Salesman: I’m with ADT, I’m not gonna try to sell you something…
(He proceeds to try to sell something. Daddy sends him away.)

Alex: What did he – what – what was he talking about?
Daddy: He, he just wanted to sell us something.
Alex: But we don’t want one?
Daddy: We don’t want what he’s selling.
Alex: What is it?
Claire: Now Daddy and Claire are gonna hide.
Daddy: A security system. All right, now Daddy and Claire are gonna hide.
Claire: Daddy and Claire.
Claire: Daddy, you hide where I’m gonna hide. You hide where you – (mumble)
Alex (in a sing-song chant): One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four Mississippi, five Mississippi…
Claire: Daddy, Daddy! In here!
Alex: …And, nine Mississippi…
(Claire and Daddy hide under a blanket.)
Daddy (whispering): Where are we hiding?
Claire (whispering): In here.
Alex: Mommy, have you seen Mommy and Claire?
Claire: No, he said, Daddy. (Mumble) Daddy and Claire.
Claire: Daddy he have to say, um, not Mommy and Claire, um, Daddy and Claire.
Alex: Have you seen, um, Claire and Daddy?
Mommy: I haven’t.
Alex: Can you help me find them?
Mommy: Okay. Who was at the door, Alex?
Alex: Well, it was a man that was selling something, and Daddy didn’t want what he was selling.
Claire: Juju and Mallory are hiding too.
Mommy: I think I hear Claire.
Alex: Let’s go find her.
(Alex and Mommy search for Daddy and Claire.)
Mommy: I see feet.
Alex: Yeah let’s go.
(Mommy laughs.)
Mommy: Wait! Now I just see one pair of big legs. What happened to the little feet?
(Claire giggles.)
Mommy: Wait, there they are!
(Claire giggles.)
Mommy: They’re right here!
(Claire giggles loudly.)
Mommy: Wait! I don’t see any feet any – wait, there they are!
(Claire keeps on giggling.)
Mommy: Wait, they’re gone again!
Alex: It’s Lofty!
(Claire takes the blanket off of herself and Daddy.)
Mommy: Oh! It’s Claire and Daddy!
(Alex laughs.)
Daddy: Peekaboo!
Claire: You found us!

No comments:

Post a Comment