Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Alex and Claire (to Mommy): Happy Mother's Day!

Daddy (to Claire): Tell Mommy what we're going to do for her today.
Claire: Um, draw pictures for you and listen.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: And I'm gonna read you stories.


Alex: It's not much fun to be a grown-up and play. It's really fun to be littler, because then you have hard work when you're bigger. But then when you're a kid you can still play!


Alex: I liked Saturday, Daddy, because I got to go to soccer and get a popsicle.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: No, popsicles are not at soccer. Daddy, popsicles are not at soccer.
Daddy: Sometimes.
Claire: Alex, popsicles are not at soccer.
Alex: Oh, well, after the soccer with Daddy, then I get a popsicle if I do two of them. Or all of them.
Claire: Oh.


(Alex plays Downtown by Petula Clark.)
Alex: It's Downtown!
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: That's my favorite song.


(Alex notices the hole in the armpit of Daddy's t-shirt.)
Alex: You're lucky that you have a hole in your shirt! Then you get to get air on you!



(Claire, Alex, Mommy and Daddy are looking at pictures of Claire as a baby.)
Claire: I wanna do that again.
Daddy: You wanna be a baby again?
Claire: Yeah.

Claire: I wanna be a baby again.

No comments:

Post a Comment