Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's my birthday and it's time to wake up!

(Claire wakes up and comes downstairs.)
Claire (excitedly): It's my birthday!

(Daddy is still in bed.)
Claire: It's my birthday and it's time to wake up!

(Daddy asks what it feels like to be four.)
Claire (considering): I don't feel it.


(Claire opens a couple of birthday presents.)
Claire: I think I wanna open all my presents now, because it's fun!


(Alex points out that he'll always be a year ahead of Claire.)
Claire: I'll never be as old as you?
Alex: Yeah.  I can't help it, sorry.  I can't stop growing.  A kid can't stop growing and getting older.


Alex: I wanna go back to Disney.
Claire: Why?
Alex: It's fun there.


Claire: Daddy after I get my shoes on I can show you my cupcakes!


Claire: Daddy, a long time ago, the lights went out, and, a little of a long time ago, the lights went out.

Alex: When Grandma and Grandpa were a kid, did they have mommies and daddies?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Well how did they get to be just two people?
Mommy: What do you mean?
Alex: Well how did they get to be just two people?
Mommy: Well, their mommies and daddies died.
Alex: Oh.
(Mommy explains about growing up, moving out, getting married, and having kids.)
Mommy: But you can still visit your mommy and daddy.
Alex: Until they die.

Alex: A bad guy would park in the walking place or the wheelchair place. A bad guy would do that.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: But then he would learn a lesson.


Claire: Daddy, there's icing on my legs.


Mommy: Claire, did you have fun at your party?
Claire: Yeah and I'm excited to open my presents. Its fun to open presents.

Claire: Alex, are you gonna, help me open the presents? Help me open the presents?
Alex: No, it’s your birthday. You get to open them.


Claire: How do people cut trees down? They're too hard. When they're reeeeeally big.


Claire: I really wanted a toy car.
Mommy: I know.
Claire: Will that one stay for a long time?

Claire: Will it stay forever?
Mommy: For as long as you wanna play with it.
Claire: I want it to stay forever.
Mommy: Okay.


Daddy: What does it feel like to be four years old?
Claire (shrugging): I don't feel anything when I'm four.

No comments:

Post a Comment