Sunday, June 10, 2012

Daddy, do you remember a long time ago we ate that little brown stuff that was like applesauce in a little cup but it was like applesauce but it was brown?


Alex (to Daddy): I need to do all my favorite things with you today. Because tomorrow you're leaving.


(Claire is going to draw a thank-you card for Grandma and Grandpa.)
Claire: I know what to make.
Daddy: What?
Claire: I can write “I love you”, and my name, and I can draw me and Grandma and Grandpa.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: And a heart.


Alex: He's eighty. He used to be seventy-nine. And then he had a birthday and turned eighty. Rememeber? We went.

Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Mm-hm?
Claire: Do all the girls in the whole world go to my birthday? No -- um -- do all the girls in the whole world go to their birthdays, in June?



Claire: Daddy, do you remember a long time ago we ate that little brown stuff that was like applesauce in a little cup but it was like applesauce but it was brown? Do you remember that?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: What was that?
Daddy: Pudding.
Claire: Oh. I like pudding.


Alex (reading to Claire): These friends stick together.
Claire: How do they un-stick?

No comments:

Post a Comment