Friday, June 1, 2012

Which it stands.

Claire: Alex, you know what's my favorite things?
Alex: What?
Claire: Um, swinging with Alex, and --
Alex: Going to the beach!
Claire: Um, swinging with you, going to the beach, and drawing.


Claire: Um, I can read "stop", and all my family, because I know all those words, except “Grommie”.

Claire: I know lots of words.

Claire: And I can write "I love you!"

Alex: I have trouble with very long words.



Alex: Do you like packing, Daddy?
Daddy: Uh-huh.
Alex: Me too.
Claire: Yeah, because, when you pack, that means maybe you’re going to the beach, or to Disney World.
Alex: Or a different state.
Claire: Yeah a different state.
Mommy: Is the beach in a different state?
Alex: Yeah, well, it’s still in the United States.
(Pause.)
Alex: Of America.
Daddy: And to the republic.
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Which it stands.
Alex: Imagination.
Alex: Um – and just as for all.



Alex: I can’t wait ‘til tomorrow.

Alex: I wanna go to sleep without thinking about the beach, ‘cause I don’t think I can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment