Sunday, June 17, 2012

When it's Thanksgiving, we’re gonna eat where we keep our clothes.

Claire: When is it Claire and Alex’s day? When we don't need to do anything?


Alex: The years just keep on going, even after you die, right?

Alex: When is everybody gonna die, and there's no one left?



Claire: When it's Thanksgiving, we’re gonna eat where we keep our clothes.


(Alex points out that he can always take off his own seatbelt now, in both Mommy's car and Daddy's car.)
Alex: I feel proud.


(Daddy and Alex go to the store so Alex can spend some of his own money.  It is quite an adventure.  Alex has only $12, and is eager to part with it as quickly as possible.  The toys at Target would empty his meager savings, so Daddy finally convinces him to go to Dollar Tree instead, where Alex buys 6 toys for only $5.51.  Alex pays from his own wallet, and is excited when the cashier hands him the receipt.)




Alex: I wanna get this day done.

Daddy: Why do you wanna get this day done?
Alex: Because I wanna get on the bus.


Alex: Paying with that money made me really hungry.


Claire: Mommy, Ashley is four like me when I'm birthday.


(Claire is playing with the new fishing rod toy that Alex bought at Dollar Tree.)
Claire: I'm fishing for toast.

Claire: And this purple one has no butter on it, it has jelly on it; and the pink one has butter on it; and the green one, is not toast, it's waffles.

(A little later.)
Claire: I just need to catch the crocodile!
Claire: Well, I mean the waffle.


Claire: Look, I've got my own notebook!  Look at my own notebook, everybody!

Claire (to Alex): You got your own notebook?!  Wowwww.  Spider-Man, you got.

Claire: Look what I've got!  Look what I got!
Mommy: Cool!  What are these?
Claire: Stickers, I think.
Mommy: These are magnets!
Claire: Ahhhh, magnets and stickers!

Claire: I got more stickers!!

Claire: Can I open my notebook?

Claire: I got what you got!  A bubble maker, too!


(Nana, Pop, Uncle Doug, Aunt Renee, and cousins Dana and Camden go home.)
Alex: I liked having everyone over.
Mommy: Good.
Alex: I wonder what the bus is gonna be like tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment