Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mommy, look! This is a dress! This is a dress, Mommy!

(Daddy comes home from work.  Claire and Alex are watching TV, and Claire's baby kitty is sitting on a chair next to them.)
Claire: We have my baby kitty right there watching our show with us.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Claire: We're gonna take care of her.


(The kitty is now on the kitchen table, with her mouth in a paper cupcake cup full of beads.)
Claire: Oh!  Kitty is cold when she's eating every day.
(Claire puts a handkerchief on the kitty.)


(Claire is talking about a rocket ship they built, and wanted to fly to "out of space".)
Claire: But how do we get back to our Earth, Alex?
Alex: We'll just turn the wheel, and -- fly the other way.



(Alex drains the water in the bath such that the pipe squeals.)
Alex: What is that noise?
Claire: Maybe it's a monkey.
Daddy: Maybe it's a whale.
Alex: I think it's a lawnmower.
Daddy: Maybe it's a dolphin.
Claire: I think it's a monkey or a dolphin.

Claire: Maybe it's a whale or a humpback whale.

Claire: Maybe it's crying but we're far away from it.


(Claire is jumping around, very excited about her new nightgown.)
Claire: Mommy said this is a dress, you can just wear a pull-up!
Daddy: Wow!
Claire: Some of my friends have dresses with just underwear! Isn't that funny?
Daddy: Yeah!
Claire: This is a dress, I think!

Claire: Mommy, look! This is a dress! This is a dress, Mommy!


Alex: I just like the way Claire reads. I like her reading to me.


(tucking Claire into bed)

Claire: I'm your baby princess.

Claire: Can you say what I say?

Claire: Can you sleep on my floor?
Daddy: No.
Claire: Can you be in the hall?
Daddy: Yes.
Claire: Can you be in the real hall?
Daddy: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment