Thursday, June 24, 2010

Look at me!

Claire: Daddy, uh run fast.
Daddy: Okay.
(Claire runs across the kitchen.)
Daddy: Look at you, that's fast!
Claire: Nine, ten, three, four five!
(Claire runs across the kitchen.)
Alex (sitting at the table): Daddy, I wanna get down.
(Daddy helps Alex get down.)
Claire: Uh run fast again.
Alex: Watch me run fast.
(Claire runs across the kitchen.)
Alex: One two three four five six.
(Alex runs across the kitchen.)


(Daddy is driving Alex and Claire to school.)
Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Alex.
Alex: You need to buy a TV in your car.


(snack time)
Daddy: Hey Alex, what did you do at school today?
(Pause.)
Alex: I have graham cracker in my mouth. I can't talk to you with my mouth full.
Daddy: Good for you.
Daddy: I was testing you. You passed.


Claire: Look at me!
Daddy: Look at me? I haven’t heard you say that!
Claire: Uh run, uh run again!


(Steph is watching the weather on the local news.)
Alex: That man? Is he sayin' it’s too hot? To go outside?
Mommy: Yeah! How did you know that?
Alex: ‘Cause it’s summer.


Claire: Uh watch Alex poop.


Claire: Uh talk like Elmo.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: Hi Elmo. Bye Elmo.


(Mommy puts Alex to bed.)

Mommy: After nap, we’ll get up…
Alex: Is it Mothers’ Day?
Mommy: No, af--
Alex: It’s Fathers’ Day!
Mommy: No...

Alex: Hey Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: My -- my words are really hard.
Mommy: Your what?
Alex: My words are really hard.
Mommy: Well why don’t you say fewer words?
Alex: I'm tired, but I have to say all of ‘em.

Alex: Play trains and play legs and play head [...] and play doorknob and play door and... bang on the door and mess with books and I will be really mad... and don't close the door and don't tun off the light and, and [...] look at pictures [...] and... did I say play on the floor and play on the ceiling?
Mommy: No.
Alex: Play on the floor and play on the ceiling [...] and play doggie, and play chickie, and play hair [...] and play ear, and play ponytail, and play, and now go to sleep.
Mommy: Okay, I love you.
Alex: I love you too. And play toe, and play toe, and play back.
Mommy: Okay, night-night.
Alex: Night-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment