Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I’m really – I’m really good at saying things… that you have to say.

(playing trains)

Alex: It’s two coaches, Daddy. It’s a mail coach, and it’s... a crayon coach.
Daddy: Oh, and a crayon coach.
Alex: That’s what it’s called. It has two names, too. Airill and Keertz.
Daddy: Airill and Keertz?
Alex: Yeah.

Alex (whining): Claire’s takin’ the crane, it’s – it’s the family’s train!
Mommy: Claire, can you put the crane back on the table?
Claire: Yeeeeeaaaaah.


(A thunderstorm has just faded away.)
Claire: Uh thunder is?
Daddy: Where’s the thunder?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: I guess it’s all gone.
Claire: Oh.
Daddy: What does thunder sound like?
Claire: Boom boom.


(Animal Baby comes in the mail. Daddy hands it to Claire without telling her anything about it.)
Claire: Uh book! New book!
Daddy: And who gave you that book, Claire?
Claire: Uh, Grandma, and Grandpa, me!


(Alex has gas.)
Alex: Excuse me. I had gas.
Daddy: I heard.
Alex: I said “excuse me”.
Daddy: That’s good.
Alex: I’m really – I’m really good at saying things… that you have to say.
Daddy: You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment