Sunday, April 3, 2011

When I have little boys, can they wear the PJs when I was little?

(getting ready to watch TV)

Alex: Daddy, thank you for getting so much money and you could get more new shows.



(Alex and Claire are pushing babies in shopping carts.)
Alex: Hey Daddy, we're going shopping before school, and we're -- we're -- older kids, and we're older kids, and, and, we're takin' these babies to school.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: And, and, we're older kids. I go to middle school, and Claire goes to middle school.


(Claire is playing tea party with Daddy. She offers Daddy one of her two spoons.)
Claire: Which one, the pink one, or the purple one?
Daddy: The purple one.
Claire: No, I like the purple one, you, have the pink one.


(Alex pretends to eat on a mat on the floor.)
Alex: I’m in Chipan.
Daddy: Oh yeah!
Alex: I’m eating on the floor!
Alex: And – and in Virginia, you eat high.


(Alex is running around the house wearing his brand-new shin guards.)
Claire: I wanna have those too. Can I have those?
Daddy: You want some of those? We’re gonna get you some of those in the fall!
(Claire whimpers.)
Claire (sadly): That’s gonna take a long time.

Alex: Daddy, when people play soccer, they have to have life guards on, and when they throw the ball, they don’t get hurt, and they throw it out.

(Claire is throwing a ball in the air.)
Claire: Watch Daddy, watch I throw it way up in the sky!


(dinner)

Alex: I know some good opposites. Can I tell you them?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Night, and day.
Daddy: That’s a good one!

Claire: Oh I know one, Daddy. Um, blueberries and water… um, that one, does it!

Claire: Daddy, um, big bike, and little bike, is it!
Daddy: Yeah!
Claire: That one is, uh, opposites. Uh, Alex, um, big bike is big, and little bike is little.
Alex: How ‘bout this one? Open and closed, out and in!
Claire: Yeah! And… and… and… and… uh, up and down is a opposite.
Alex: Yeah. And up!
Claire: Yeah!
Alex: Up. Down.
Claire: And it – and it’s – and um – open and – open and – open and closed is a opposite.
Alex: Uh-huh.
Claire: May I have some more blueberries please, Daddy?


Claire: Watch, Mommy, watch I don’t hang onto something!
(Claire stands on one foot, unsteadily.)
Claire (proudly): I didn’t hang onto something!
Mommy: Good job!

(Alex puts on his PJs.)
Alex: When I have little boys, can they wear the PJs when I was little?

No comments:

Post a Comment