Thursday, April 7, 2011

Two Spider-Mans, one monster, three princesses, and one prince!

Alex: Daddy! Daddy! We made cupcakes!
Daddy: Oh, wow!
Alex: We get to have one after dinner!

Alex: We had a treat, we got to – to lick – to lick the chocolate off the – off the spoon.

Alex: We can have them after dinner, and icing them. Then we’ll put some chocolate icing on them.


Daddy: What did you make, Claire?
Claire: Cupcakes.
Daddy: And then what did you get to do?
Claire: Um, lick the spoon.
Daddy: Oh, was it good?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: What did it taste like?
Claire: Chocolate.



(dinner)

Alex (to Mommy): After I’m done with my dinner, I would really love a cupcake.


(Alex has been talking all day about the game he played at school. Jaap and Saavik were Spider-Mans; Katie was Belle; Elia was Sleeping Beauty; Casey was Cinderella; Richard was a monster; and Alex was the king.)

Alex: Please, Daddy?
Daddy: What?
Alex: I wanna go back to school again, and play my game with Jaap, Saavik, Elia, Casey, Katie, and Richard.

Daddy: Tell me about your game, Alex.
Alex: Uh, we went away, the place that was our castle, when we see Richard, or Jaap or Saavik, we said, we run away, and so, and then we go in our castle sometimes, and then we uh, we eat dinner, and then we go outside the castle, and run around again!
(Pause.)
Alex: Well, we act – actually walk around. It’s – it’s not a really good game.
Alex: It’s just for four year olds, and – and three year olds. That’s a game just for me.
Alex: It’s not really a game for three year olds, or two year olds, or one year olds, just four year olds.

Daddy: Can you tell me what everyone was in your game?
Alex: Uh, Spider-Mans.
Alex: Spider-Man, and then a Spider-Man, and then… Belle. Cinderella. Um. King! And, monster!
Alex: Two Spider-Mans, one monster, three princesses, and one prince!
Daddy: Who was the prince?
Alex: Me!
Alex: Katie, Casey, and Elia were the princesses, and, Richard was a monster, and Saavik, Jaap were Spider-Man!

Claire: Watch, Daddy!
Daddy: Okay, I’m watching.
Claire: Watch!
(Daddy looks.)
Claire: Watch me put my legs up, watch!
(Claire runs while high-stepping.)

Claire: Watch, Daddy, I dee… a jump jump.
(Claire does a big jump.)

Claire: Watch, Daddy, I can pick one leg up, and touch it!
(Claire kicks one leg straight in front, and touches it.)

Claire: Two hands up. Two hands up, Daddy.
(Claire kicks one leg straight in front and claps around it.)

Claire: Watch I run, and I jump to the other side.
(Claire runs, and jumps to the other side.)

Claire: Watch me run really fast!
(Claire runs really fast.)


(Alex and Claire are running around.)
Alex: I wanna go back to school!
Claire: I wanna play monsters!
Alex: I wanna play Cinderella!

Alex: I wanna play Cinderella!
Claire: I wanna play with Edward! And Ashley!
Alex: I wanna play Cinderella!
Claire: I wanna play with Ashley! And Miss Arnold!
Alex: Claire, when I say, Cinderella, can you say, monsters?
Claire: Okay.
Alex: I wanna play Cinderella!
Claire: I wanna play, um, um, um, monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment