Sunday, April 10, 2011

I had a lot of tired kicking.

(Mommy, Claire, and Alex are looking at photos from yesterday.)
Alex: I liked that, I want it to be that day again.


(Claire and Alex are eating their Easter candy from the Easter egg hunt.)

Claire: I can put this in the bucket, so it won’t blow away.
Daddy: What about Claire, should we put Claire in a bucket?
Claire: No! You can’t put Claire in buckets. Those are people.

Claire: I got two, two – um, two chocolate. I ate one all, and I can eat this all.

Alex: I got one more. One more!
Daddy: One more!
(Alex opens.)
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: More jellybeans.

(Alex has finished his candy, and Claire still has a few jellybeans left.)
Alex (to Claire): Can I have some?
Claire: No! Alex!
Alex: I want some, because I haven’t had a lot of candy yet.


Daddy: I thought we were kicking. You want me to kick the ball to you and you can kick it to me?
Claire: I’m done kicking.
Daddy: You’re done kicking?
Claire: I had a lot of tired kicking.


(Claire is in the “tent” reading aloud to her baby. Daddy peeks in.)
Claire: I’m, um, reading to my, um, um, baby.


(Alex is reading a book, and sees a picture of a train.)
Alex: Can we ride on a train?
Daddy: Yeah, we can do that.
Alex: At Busch Gardens? They have a train.
Daddy: Yeah, we’ll ride the train at Busch Gardens.
Alex: And I didn’t get to play in the pool, you know.
Daddy: The pool at Busch Gardens?
Alex: Yeah. With all the water squishing around.


(Alex and Claire both want to wash hands first. Alex gets the coaster.)
Alex: Alex picks brown, Claire picks yellow.
(Alex flips the coaster. It comes up yellow.)
Alex: Claire goes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment